This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
FZ Senki Axis (ＦＺ戦記ＡＸＩＳ), called Final Zone in the US, is a 1990 game by Wolf Team for the Sega Mega Drive and Sharp X68000. Awkwardly it is a sequel to the Japanese-only Final Zone II (itself a sequel to a 1986 game called Final Zone), meaning it is the third in the Final Zone series and the first (and only) Final Zone game to be released in North America.
You are a mech placed in several isometric-projection levels and your goal is to destroy a fixed number of targets without dying once. shoots your main weapon (with rapidfire), shoots your sub weapon (with no rapidfire), and opens a menu where you can select weapons. When firing, you cannot change direction (that is, moving around will not cause you to turn around).
- Source: In-game credits
- Original: M.Akishino
- Program: H.Izumino, M.Sugiyama
- Sub Program: K.Ueno, Y.Tani, C.Tokuhiro
- Image Illust H.Mikimoto
- Graphics: F.Ishii, M.Sato, M.Matsushima, K.Nagata, S.Kinebuchi, Y.Ohnishi, Y.Ushijima
- Music: M.Uno, M.Sakuraba, Y.Shiono
- S.E.: Y.Shiono
- Planning: K.Inoue
- Planning Adviser: K.Goto
- Ad Design: F.Ishii
- Business Works: J.Asanuma, M.Uno, H.Kayano
- Thanks: K.Iijima, H.Ogasawara, T.Ogura, A.Kabaya, Y.Kohama, F.Shimoyama, K.Suzuki, H.Suzuki, S.Sekizuka, T.Sou, T.Takeda, K.Tajima, T.Toyota, T.Hagiwara, T.Hamada, A.Higurashi, F.Fukaya, T.Hori, S.Miyoshi, T.Yamamoto, S.Rokumoto, O.Watanabe
- U.S. Staff: S.Yazel, H.Hiraga, R.Lee, D.Izat
- Special Thanks to: K.Fukushima
- Producer: M.Akishino
- Presented by: Wolfteam
Print advert in Sega Visions
(US) #2: "October/November 1990" (1990-xx-xx)also published in:
| Based on|
| Mega Drive, US
| Mega Drive, JP
| Mega Drive, BR
NEC Retro has more information related to Final Zone.
- ↑ File:EGM US 017.pdf, page 20
- ↑ File:GPSG US 01.pdf, page 5
- ↑ File:MegaTech UK 01.pdf, page 76
- ↑ File:SegaPro UK 01.pdf, page 37
- ↑ File:SegaForce UK 10.pdf, page 62