Genesis Plus GX is a Sega multi-system emulator originally for the Nintendo GameCube and Nintendo Wii developed by eke-eke. The author claims the emulator has accurate emulation and 100% compatibility with Sega Mega Drive, Mega-CD, Master System, Game Gear, and SG-1000 games. It also has preliminary Pico emulation. The emulator was originally based off Charles MacDonald's Genesis Plus 1.2a. For Mega-CD games, ISO + WAV, BIN + CUE and ISO + OGG formats are supported; ISO + MP3 is not supported.
Some versions of the emulator were backported to Windows. Genesis Plus GX is also available for a variety of systems as an emulation core of the libretro gaming API.
- Game Gear has an optional extended screen mode.
- SD card, USB drive, and DVD support.
- Save states and cheat files can be autoloaded.
- Zip folders are supported.
- The Wiimote can be used in the place of light guns.
- USB mouses can be used for Sega Mouse emulation.
- Up to 1000 files in file directories. Using directories is recommended as it improves interface and navigation speed.
- Game Genie and Pro Action Replay code support. The combined cheat code max is 150. PAR codes that don't use the address and 4 values after that are automatically deleted. Example: FFFEEE:0001 is acceptable. FFFEEE:01 is not.
- Action Replay codes generated by Gens Hacking Version also work on Mega-CD games. Gens/GS is another emulator that also supports Mega-CD cheat codes, but only for the main 68000 address space.
- Genesis Plus GX versions 070720, 080107, 080301, 080419 Wii, 080601, 080716, 080826, 1.3.0, 1.3.1, 1.4.0, 1.4.1, 1.5.0, 1.6.0, 1.7.0, 1.7.1, 1.7.2, 1.7.3, 1.7.4, 1.7.5 RC1 (info) (23.94 MB)
- Versions WIP 0, WIP 1, WIP 1.1, WIP 1.2, 070207, 070309, 070317, 070322, 070326, 070411, 070508, 070518, 070621, 071228, 071230, 080406, 080419 GC missing.
- Genesis Plus SDL for Windows versions 1.3.0, 1.4.0, 1.4.1, 1.6.0 (info) (931 kB)
- ↑ https://bitbucket.org/eke/genesis-plus-gx/downloads (archived 2016-08-28 18:30)