Genesis Plus GX
Genesis Plus GX is a Sega system emulator for the Nintendo Wii developed by Charles MacDonald. The hack author claims the emulator has accurate emulation and 100% compatibility with Genesis/Mega Drive, Sega/Mega CD, Sega Master System, Sega Game Gear and SG-1000. It also supports Mark III and has preliminary Pico emulation. The emulator was originally based off Genesis Plus 1.3. Unlike with most Mega CD emulators, MP3s can't be used with ISOs. Audio tracks must instead be stored as uncompressed WAV files. BIN + CUE is supported, however.
A GameCube port of the emulator has been developed but lacks some features.
Several systems supported by this emulator have cheat code support, including Mega CD. Gens Hacking Version is capable of creating Mega CD PAR codes but cannot use them. Using them has no effect in-game. Codes created on Gens Hacking Version can be used in this emulator. Gens/GS is a PC emulator that also supports Mega CD cheat codes.
- Game Gear has an optional extended screen mode.
- SD card, USB drive, and DVD support.
- Save states & cheat files can be autoloaded.
- Zip folders are supported.
- The Wiimote can be used in the place of light guns.
- USB mouses can be used for Sega Mouse emulation.
- Up to 1000 files in file directories. Using directories is recommended as it improves interface and navigation speed.
- Game Genie and Pro Action Replay code support. The combined cheat code max is 150. PAR codes that don't use the address and 4 values after that are automatically deleted. Example: FFFEEEE:0001 is acceptable. FFFEEE:01 is not.
Controllers & accessories supported
- 2 button controllers
- 3 button controllers
- 6 button controllers
- Sega Team Player multitap
- EA 4-Way Play multitap
- Sega Mouse
- Sega Paddle Control
- Terebi Oekaki tablet
- Sega Sports Pad
- Sega Light Phaser
- Sega Menacer
- Konami Justifier
- Sega Activator
- XE-1AP analog controller
- SVP DSP (Virtua Racing)
- J-Carts (Micro Machines, Pete Sampras Tennis, Super Skidmarks)
- Backup RAM (max 64kB)
- 12C (24Cxx), SPI (95xxx), MicroWire (93C46) EEPROMs
- Official ROM bankswitch hardware (Super Street Fighter II)
- Official backup RAM bankswitch hardware (Phantasy Star IV, Legend of Thor, Sonic the Hedgehog 3)
- All known unlicensed/pirate cartridge bankswith & copy protection hardware
- All known Master System & Game Gear cartridge mappers (including unlicensed Korean ones)
- Game Genie hardware emulation
- Pro Action Replay hardware emulation
- Sonic & Knuckles Lock-On hardware emulation
- ROM images up to 10 MB (Mortal Kombat II hack Mortal Kombat II Unlimited) (Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 hacks such as Ultimate Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Mortal Kombat Revelations, Ultimate Mortal Kombat [SMD])