This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Joe & Mac, known as Joe & Mac: Caveman Ninja in Europe and Joe & Mac: Caveman Fight (ジョーとマック 戦え原始人) in Japan, is a 1991 platforming action game by Data East, initially released for a DE-manufactured arcade board, but later ported to home consoles such as the Sega Mega Drive (ported by Takara).
You control Joe, a green-haired caveman, as he tries to rescue his and his blue-haired friend Mac's girlfriends, who have been kidnapped by enemy cavemen one night. Joe shoots a weapon by hitting ; he can change the particular weapon by grabbing a new one when it appears (hammers and wheels, for example). and both jump, however has Joe jump higher and curled into a ball; is a shorter jump that can be used to crush enemies. There is also a 2 player mode that let the second player control Mac; while most ports use a menu at the title screen to select the mode, Takara requires you to hit with the second controller at the title screen to play in 2P mode.
- Written by: Tim Round
- Additional Code: Jason Stoat, Stuart Middleton
- Graphics by: Tim Round, Terry Baker, Stuart Middleton, Rob Thursfield, Lee Beckett, Rob Dorney
- Audio by: Krisalis Software Ltd
- Music by: Matt Furniss
- Music Driver by: Shaun Hollingworth
- Testing by: Phil Bradley, Lee Mather, David Fowler
- Special Thanks: Kinya Tago, Phil Bradley, Mike Brown, David Fowler, John Davies, David Powell
Expression error: Unexpected < operator.
<div style="width:Expression error: Unexpected < operator.
px; padding-left:2px; padding-top:9px; padding-right:2px;">Print advert in Electronic Gaming Monthly
(US) #52: "November 1993" (1993-xx-xx)
| Based on|
| Mega Drive, US
| Mega Drive, BR
ROM dump status
|| Build Date
|| Cartridge (US)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 File:GamePro US 056.pdf, page 58