Tetris 4D (テトリス フォーディー) is a Sega Dreamcast game developed and published by Bullet Proof Software. It is an entry in the Tetris series, and was released only in Japan.
Being an early Dreamcast game, Tetris 4D does not deviate much from its predecessors. There is a classic mode (which acts as a normal game of Tetris) and a "battle" mode (which allows up to four players to compete against each other). The game has an industrial/urban theme, unlike most other entries in the series which usually have a classical architecture or Russian theme.
There are no AI players in the game and no VMU support for high-score saving. Both Sega Tetris and The Next Tetris: On-Line Edition (both also released for the Dreamcast) are seen as better games as a result.
- Main article: Tetris 4D/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average
|| №4, p137
|Consoles News (FR)
|| №30, p85
|Consoles + (FR)
|| №85, p103
|Dreamcast Magazine (JP)
|| №1999-01, p25
|Dreamcast Magazine (readers) (JP)
|| №, p35
|Weekly Famitsu (JP)
|| №524, p35
|| №1999-03, p30
| Based on|
- Sega of Japan catalogue pages (Japanese): Dreamcast
- ↑ File:Arcade UK 04.pdf, page 137
- ↑ File:DCM_JP_19990101_1999-01.pdf, page 25
- ↑ File:Dorimaga_20021011_JP.pdf, page 35
- ↑ File:MAN!AC DE 1999-03.pdf, page 30