Hi. Do you have manuals for all that SMS games?
I have a lot of BR manuals to be uploaded soon, but not for all of these games. I don't own any of these games though, so I'm having to slowly recover the scans from an old computer. Do you know if there's a default/recommended program to make PDF's for SegaRetro? --AllisonKidd (talk) 17:59, 8 September 2014 (CDT)
All my manuals in *.cbr, so i convert them online. On convert-jpg-to-pdf.net. about programs... I think google can help you:-) i cannot find something that suits me.
P.S. will wait for your manual uploads, especially for games without them here on sega retro. -Depressor (talk) 05:56, 9 September 2014 (CDT)
- this is what the staff use -Black Squirrel (talk) 09:27, 9 September 2014 (CDT)
I have the original scans of some manuals which are already in SegaRetro but apparently got edited to remove the yellowish age color. Should I make new versions of those as well or skip?
--AllisonKidd (talk) 10:36, 9 September 2014 (CDT)
- If they're higher resolution versions, upload them as they are -Black Squirrel (talk) 10:59, 9 September 2014 (CDT)
Thanks for manuals. Great update for my small collection. Do you have raw scans or they just in pdf's? -Depressor (talk) 01:53, 15 September 2014 (CDT)
I have the original scans but not in PNG, so I'd guess they aren't 100% raw. I might upload those somewhere else in case anyone better with this sorta stuff decide to make better PDF's. I also have more manuals to upload. --AllisonKidd (talk) 21:30, 15 September 2014 (CDT)
If it doesn't complicate you... I need sources because I make the collection in *.cbr and don't want to work with pdf's. -Depressor (talk) 00:14, 16 September 2014 (CDT)
Unreleased SMS game?
Has anyone ever heard of a Power Rangers game for the Master System? Tec Toy announced it as "coming soon", with the # of players (1 or 2), category (action) and RRP (R$39,99), in the issues 21~22 of their "Jornal do Sega Club", but I've never heard of such game and it wasn't announced in the issues 23~24 anymore. If I had to guess I'd say it was a port from one of the Game Gear releases but I don't have any actual info. Click here to see it. --AllisonKidd (talk) 17:37, 16 September 2014 (CDT)
- It's an unreleased game, although there's no way of knowing for sure that it was a port of the Game Gear version (although it probably was) -Black Squirrel (talk) 04:36, 17 September 2014 (CDT)
Another Brazilian Scans
Do you have brazilian dreamcast manuals or scanned console magazines? -Depressor (talk) 01:50, 3 October 2014 (CDT)
Sorry, I don't have any dreamcast scans. As for magazines, I'll probably upload most issues of "SuperGame" soon.--AllisonKidd (talk) 10:50, 5 October 2014 (CDT)
Man, wish there was a n easy and reasonably cheap way to get some of these games for myself. Ebay is such a minefield for this sort of thing now. Glad I got my copy of Sonic Blast MS years ago, and that was just for a trade of Ninja Gaiden, Krusty for Game Gear and Jungle Hunt (Atari 2600).
Is this sort of stuff really prevelant in Brazil, just that people in Brazil don't trade online often? Where'd you get your crazy collection of manuals and stuff?
- I currently don't own any of these, most scans were downloaded years ago from some brazilian communities/blogs/etc. Anyhow, I'm from Brazil and have been thinking about buying brazilian releases (mainly SMS) to re-sell for cheap to Sega Retro people somehow, although I have no idea how expensive shipping may be. As for your main question, brazilians usually sell/trade games through brazilian equivalents of ebay (such as "mercadolivre"), which don't allow international sales as far as I know. --AllisonKidd (talk) 01:10, 19 October 2014 (CDT)
Re: did it lose quality?
Yes it did, although in quite an odd way - looks like a blur filter has been applied at some stage.
If it were me I'd be tempted to do this by hand anyway - there's bits that can be cropped out. Thankfully these manuals aren't super huge. -Black Squirrel (talk) 11:57, 4 November 2014 (CST)
Wow Wow Wow. Take it easy Bro
Please stop deleting my notes for files uploaded by me. -Depressor (talk) 15:38, 9 November 2014 (CST)
- My intention is mostly to fix things without proper tagging and clean stuff, but I'll stop if that bothers you. Anyhow, all the erased info are part of the file names and everything is kept in the revision history. --AllisonKidd (talk) 17:25, 9 November 2014 (CST)
the arcade flyers archive has a unique view on how 4-page flyers work - that latest Monaco GP flyer you uploaded has the back page as page 2 -Black Squirrel (talk) 13:48, 29 November 2014 (CST)
- My bad, I just followed the order of the filenames. I'll pay more attention now. --AllisonKidd (talk) 13:51, 29 November 2014 (CST)
For consistency, I would group them all together on a particular wiki (Retro CDN). This way people will easily be able to find the file they're looking for. We might also have a reason to link to them in the future from non-Sega wikis, so we can save ourselves time by putting them on CDN now. - Hivebrain (talk) 18:29, 12 July 2015 (CDT)
- That's what I thought, thanks for the quick answer. I wouldn't mind moving all the magazines with 100MB or less if you want, just drop me a message here.
- How do you guys make those lightweight PDFs with good quality btw? I plan to upload Brazilian multi-system magazines (with relevant content) soon. --AllisonKidd (talk) 19:16, 12 July 2015 (CDT)
- I use FSRisizer or Paint Shop Pro 7 to batch-convert scans to a reasonable size with 20% compression. The quality isn't the best, but it's perfectly readable. - Hivebrain (talk) 19:43, 12 July 2015 (CDT)
Pirates! Gold MD US Map.jpg
Thanks for the correction...--Asagoth (talk) 10:11, 17 January 2017 (CST)
- Wait... why not? Is a map and helpfull to play the game, like starflight map(tagged as a manual...you need it to play the game)...so what's the difference???--Asagoth (talk) 11:19, 17 January 2017 (CST)
- Technically this could also count as an "extra". Nothing stopping you from putting it in three categories I guess -Black Squirrel (talk) 11:55, 17 January 2017 (CST)
- Like Black Squirrel said some things are tricky and can fall into more than a single category, when in doubt I just follow what's already tagged (unless it seems odd/wrong). Since you're new I recommend you to take a look at this list of image templates (I was sorting them out the other day but got lazy) and a quick look at all the others. If you have any questions feel free to drop a message, I'm lurking the wiki almost daily. --AllisonKidd (talk) 16:10, 17 January 2017 (CST)
Skies Character Art
They're mainly concept art shared for teasing players ... but you can do wathever you want to improve the page...--Asagoth (talk) 13:02, 1 October 2017 (CDT)
- Don't mind me, I just have the habit of leaving hints for the admins to fix/rearrange things, if they feel need. --AllisonKidd (talk) 13:18, 1 October 2017 (CDT)
- That's ok man... we're a team... please be my guest (oh the grammar)...--Asagoth (talk) 13:26, 1 October 2017 (CDT)