Welcome to Sega Retro, a project from the people behind Sonic Retro. We aim to cover everything possible about Sega from the 1940s to today. We currently are working on 13,033 articles and have many more that are requested to be worked on.
While this wiki is designed to help the community by providing information, it is also dependent on the community to be updated. Anyone with an account may edit the wiki. As you feel more comfortable with the site, please feel free to make any changes or additions that you feel necessary.
27 March 2017
26 March 2017
You can become a part of the Sega Retro community in several different ways:
- Sign up for a Sega Retro account and become part of our group of editors (If you have a Sonic Retro account please use the same username for your account here)
- We have lots of game pages that are in desperate need of more information. If you know your way around some of these games, help us out by telling us how to play or what to expect. We also have many pages that still need to be made.
- We are always on the lookout for high quailty, unmarked, genuine game media scans. If you notice a poor quality or missing scan of a game you have, please help by making a scan and replacing the bad one. You can use our scan tracker to track our progress.
- Log on to BadnikNET (irc://irc.badnik.net) and join #sega, our dedicated IRC channel
- From another country or speak another language? Help us by providing otherwise difficult-to-get information about Sega in mainland Europe, Asia, Africa, and South America, or by translating texts from Japanese.
- Short on ideas? Visit the "to do" page
On this day, March 27...
March 27 (add):
- 1992 - In Japan, Art Alive!, Pit-Fighter, Shadow of the Beast: Mashou no Okite, Stormlord, Thunder Pro Wrestling Retsuden and Turbo OutRun are released for the Mega Drive, while Cosmic Fantasy Stories is released for the Mega-CD and Monster World II: Dragon no Wana is released for the Game Gear.
- 1997 - Tokimeki Memorial Selection Fujisaki Shiori is released for the Sega Saturn in Japan.
- 2003 - Pia Carrot e Youkoso!! 3 is released for the Dreamcast in Japan.
- 2007 - Three Mega Drive games arrive on the Wii's Virtual Console service in Japan; Alien Storm, Dyna Brothers and Wonder Boy V: Monster World III.
- 2008 - The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return, Sega Superstars Tennis, Viking: Battle for Asgard, the Wii version of Sega Bass Fishing and the Xbox 360 version of Universe at War: Earth Assault are released in Australia. The Club is released for the Xbox 360 in South Korea. Lyra no Bouken: Ougon no Rashinban is released for the PlayStation 3 and Nintendo DS in Japan, while Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 32: Phantasy Star Complete Collection is released for Japanese PlayStation 2s alongside Phantasy Star 1st Series Complete Album.
- 2009 - Stormrise is released for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PCs in Europe.
- 2011 - The Nintendo 3DS launches in North America, with Super Monkey Ball 3D as a launch title.
- 2012 - Puyo Puyo Vocal Tracks is released in Japan.
- 2013 - 3D Super Hang-On is released for the Nintendo 3DS in Japan.
- 2014 - Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd is released for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita in Japan.
The Sonic the Hedgehog resource second only to Sega.
Documenting Sega history from the 1940s to present day.
The higher energy computer and video game site for NEC.
Press, pics, and the proving ground for what's next.