From Sega Retro
(Redirected from B.O.B)
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Sound driver: GEMS|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
B.O.B., known as Space Funky B.O.B. (スペースファンキーＢ.Ｏ.Ｂ.) in Japan, is a 1993 platforming run-and-gun developed by Electronic Arts, Chris Gray Enterprises, and Foley Hi-Tech and published by Electronic Arts for the Sega Mega Drive and Super Nintendo.
B.O.B. is a teenage robot going on his first date, and his father tells him to be back by 11 PM with the family rocket intact or else he will never drive again... but along the way, he gets confused by an end-of-lane sign and crashes head-on into a guard asteroid, falling into a strange place (the first level) in a hostile asteroid belt, and must now fight his way back (with the aid of a new gun).
shoots the gun.
uses a special weapon, called a Remote.
opens up the weapon select menu; use
to cycle through possible gun bullets (or a fist, see below) and
cycles through possible Remotes. You have limited ammunition on each weapon; if you run out of all types bullets for the gun, or if you select the fist in the weapon select menu,
punches. Ammunition is collected by collecting icons scattered throughout each level. Pressing
stands back up. You can still move and shoot while crouched, but you cannot jump. The goal of each level is to get to the goal (a circle of stars) before time runs out.
|Language||Localised Name||English Translation|
|Japanese||スペースファンキーＢ.Ｏ.Ｂ.||Space Funky B.O.B.|
- Programming: David Foley, Bob Rummell, Dean Sitton, Burt Sloane
- Animation: Dennis Turner
- Art Conversion: David Foley, Alan Murphy
- Music: Lx Rudis
- Produced by: Roland Kippenhan III
- Asst. Producer: Robert Zalot
- Assistant: Tony Iuppa
- Game Design: Chris Gray, Dennis Turner, Ed Zolnieryk
- Source: In-game credits
- Main article: B.O.B./Magazine articles.
also published in:
also published in:
- Hobby Consolas (ES) #24: "Septiembre 1993" (1993-xx-xx)
|Sega Retro Average|
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
ROM dump status
- GamePro, "October 1993" (US; 1993-xx-xx), page 78
- Computer & Video Games, "June 1993" (UK; 1993-05-15), page 122
- Sega Power, "September 1993" (UK; 1993-xx-xx), page 42
- GamePro, "July 1993" (US; 1993-xx-xx), page 60
- Electronic Gaming Monthly, "August 1993" (US; 1993-xx-xx), page 20
- Hobby Consolas, "Septiembre 1993" (ES; 1993-xx-xx), page 2
- Beep! MegaDrive, "December 1993" (JP; 1993-11-08), page 23 (25)
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "September 1995" (JP; 1995-08-08), page 85 (87)
- Computer & Video Games, "November 1993" (UK; 1993-10-15), page 89
- Computer & Video Games, "November 1993" (UK; 1993-10-15), page 27
- GamePro, "October 1993" (US; 1993-xx-xx), page 74 (78)
- GamePro, "October 1993" (US; 1993-xx-xx), page 88-89 (88)
- Sega Power, "September 1993" (UK; 1993-xx-xx), page 42-43 (42)
- Sega Force Mega, "September 1993" (UK; 1993-07-22), page 60-61 (60)