From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Master System, SG-1000, SC-3000, SF-7000, Sega Game Gear|
|OS: Windows, Linux, DOS|
|Developer: Omar "Bock" Cornut|
|Programmed in: Assembly, C|
|Last release date: 2010-05-30 (10 years ago)|
|Last version: 0.73|
MEKA is a Sega Master System, SG-1000, SC-3000, SF-7000, Sega Game Gear, ColecoVision, and Othello Multivision emulator for Windows, Linux and DOS. It was written by Omar "Bock" Cornut with several other contributors. MEKA includes a full-featured debugger with various hacking and auditing tools, allowing it to be used as a platform for programming or reverse engineering software on the supported systems.
On 3 April 2005 version 0.70 was released along with its source code. 0.73 is the latest official release on 30 May 2010, and there have been a number of WIP releases since which have added features such as 16- and 32-bit color support.
MEKA is named after the first dragon in the Master System game Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap.
- Omar "Bock" Cornut - Machine emulation, graphical user interface, and other general things. He is the main developer responsible for MEKA, although other people have contributed with various important work.
- Hiromitsu "Hiro-shi" Shioya worked on the original MEKA sound engine years ago. His work shows in the main sound engine structure, YM2413 emulation through OPL and the sound interface to the SEAL Audio library.
- Marat "Rst38h" Fayzullin wrote a Z80 CPU core for one of his various emulation projects, and that ended being used in MEKA. Bock brought fixes and improvements to the core, but most of the work is from Marat.
- Mitsutaka Okazaki wrote a digital YM2413 emulator named Emu2413, which was implemented in MEKA.
- Maxim Gready contributed work and research on the SN76496 PSG and the original PSG emulator.
- Ulrich Cordes wrote a FDC-765 emulator that was used as a base to emulate the floppy disk controller of the SF-7000.
- Windows: Versions 0.63 to 0.73 (info) (5.23 MB)
- Source code: Versions 0.70 to 0.73 (info) (1.57 MB)
- Linux: Versions 0.65 to 0.70 (info) (2.06 MB)
- DOS: Versions 0.10 to 0.70 (info) (10.45 MB)
- http://www.smspower.org/meka/ (Wayback Machine: 2017-08-19 03:59)