From Sega Retro
|Manufacturer: STD Manufacturing (QJ, InterAct)|
|Type: Control pad|
|Made for: Sega Mega Drive|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
The SG ProPad, and its six-button successor, the SG ProPad 2/SG ProPad 6 (Imagineer DigitalPad MD in Japan), are two third-party controllers for the Sega Mega Drive developed by STD Manufacturing (being released under the QJ and InterAct brands). They are simple control pads with turbo features.
Three different variants of the controller were released. The original SG ProPad is a simple three button controller built similarly to a Super Nintendo controller (the shells were in fact recycled from Recoton's "SN ProPad" range). Later a six button variant was released titled the All New SG ProPad, which merely adds a button and replaces a turbo switch for the MODE button.
The SG ProPad 2 and SG ProPad 6 have completely redesigned shells, utilising a function key to set each button's turbo speeds as opposed to cluttering the controller with switches. The two seem to be identical, though the ProPad 2 is far rarer than the ProPad 6.
also published in:
- GamePro (US) #54: "January 1994" (199x-xx-xx)
also published in:
All New SG ProPad
SG ProPad 2/6
- Sega Force Mega, "December 1993" (UK; 1993-11-16), page 9
- Computer & Video Games, "December 1993" (UK; 1993-11-15), page 6
- GamePro, "January 1994" (US; 199x-xx-xx), page 304
- GamePro, "April 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 170
- Game Players, "Vol. 7 No. 5 May 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 2
- Electronic Gaming Monthly, "May 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 8
- Electronic Gaming Monthly, "June 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 8
- EGM², "November 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 16
- GamePro, "January 1995" (US; 199x-xx-xx), page 236
- GamePro, "April 1995" (US; 1995-xx-xx), page 160
- Electronic Gaming Monthly, "May 1995" (US; 1995-xx-xx), page 146
- Sega Force Mega, "September 1993" (UK; 1993-07-22), page 27
- Sega Force Mega, "October 1993" (UK; 1993-08-19), page 13
|Third-party controllers for the Sega Mega Drive|