From Sega Retro
|System(s): PlayStation 2|
|Developer: Sonic Team|
|Peripherals supported: Eyetoy|
|Genre: Party Games|
|Number of players: 1-2|
|Official in-game languages: |
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Sega Superstars (セガ スーパースターズ) is a video game for the PlayStation 2 developed for the Eye Toy Peripheral. It features a series of games based on previous Sega titles. Many of SEGA's well-known characters are featured, including their most well-known mascot, Sonic the Hedgehog.
Sega Superstars features a number of Sega properties and iconic characters and also serves as the first of the Sega Superstars/All Stars line of games. Each character and franchise are featured in their own mini game.
|Sonic's Speed Chute|
|Race through a level that is reminiscent of the Special Stages from Sonic Heroes and collect Chaos Emeralds to gain a high score. Play as Sonic, Super Sonic, Shadow the Hedgehog and Super Shadow!|
|AiAi's Monkey Roll|
|Play as AiAi and collect bananas and dodge obstacles while moving to the goal.|
|NiGHTS' Spring Valley|
|Fly with NiGHTS through rings and collect chips.|
|Amigo's Music Maker|
|Hit 6 different targets in time with the music to make music.|
|Billy's Egg Roll|
|Navigate Billy and his moving egg to crush enemies and collect fruit.|
|Take passengers to their requested destinations.|
|Punch or kick the opponent. Block and counter also.|
|Repeat the dance moves of the Morolians.|
|Raise your own Chao! Visit the Black Market for the first time on a non-Nintendo console.|
|ChuChu Rocket! Game|
|Raise and lower a bridge for the Chu-Chu's to cross. Drop the bridge when KapuKapu's try to cross.|
|Puyo Pop Fever|
|Different colored Puyos fall from the top of the screen and must be guided to the correct area.|
|House of the Dead|
|Attack zombies but avoid hitting civilians.|
|Hit balloons with the ball.|
- Lead Game Designer: Yoshihisa Hashimoto
- Game Designers: Sachiko Kawamura, Asahiko Kikuchi, Hiroshi Miyamoto
- Concept Designer: Matt Woodley (SEGA EUROPE)
- Art Director: Sachiko Kawamura
- Artists: Kazuko Ito, Hiroyuki Watanabe, Shinkichi Tanahashi, Makoto Yonezu, Haruka Yoshida, Yuji Yamaga, Hitomi Nagao
- Technical Support/Animator: Yusuke Kashiwagi
- Interface Artists: Yuki Takahashi, Miho Bonkohara, Hisae Jibiki
- 3D Effects Artist: Takanobu Kimura
- Technical Director: Yoshihisa Hashimoto
- Lead Programmer: Takaaki Saito
- Programmers: Koji Ogino, Yusuke Hasuo, Hiroshi Iwasaki, Seiji Nakagawa
- GUI Engine Programmer: Hiroshi Iwasaki
- Level Designers: Asahiko Kikuchi, Hiroshi Miyamoto, Makoto Hirata
- CG Movie Director: Takeshi Itou
- CG Movie Designer: Tomokazu Takahashi
- Koo-Ki Motion Graphics Director: Motohiro Shirakawa
- General Asahi Design Chief: Shingo Harada
- CG Movie Support Artist: Yusuke Kashiwagi, Makoto Yonezu
- Sound Producer: Tomoya Ohtani
- Music Composer: Tomoya Ohtani, Mariko Nanba, Keiichi Sugiyama (WAVEMASTER)
- Sound Effects Designer: Tomoya Ohtani, Mariko Nanba
- Recording & Mixing Engineer: Yoshitada Miya (WAVEMASTER), Hirokazu Akashi (WAVEMASTER)
- Assistant Engineer: Kenta Ohno
- Recorded & Mixed at WAVEMASTER Recording Studio
- "SuperStars" Session
- Drums: Soul Toul
- Bass: Chiharu Mikuzuki
- Guitar: Chewtaro Moritake
- Chorus: Mooki Obata, Paris Lundon
- "Crazy Taxi" Session
- Drums/Oi: Hideyuki Katou
- Bass/Oi: Takumi "Fire" Matsuda
- Guitar/Oi: Shunichi Miura
- Keyboard/Oi: Keiichi Sugiyama (WAVEMASTER)
- Recording Coordinator: Hidetaka "Carl" Shibata (POWER HOUSE STUDIO), Yoji Sugiyama (WITCH CRAFT)
- Music License Management: Kazuo Koizumi
- Voice Actors: Kevin Miller, Apollo Smile, David Nowlin, Takashi Yuda, TOHOKUSHINSHA FILM CORPORATION, CHRIS PEPPLER'S OFFICE, WEBTONE
- Special Thanks: Masanobu Yamamoto, Akinori Nishiyama, Yuji Uekawa, Takashi Iizuka, Shun Nakamura, Yoshitaka Kawabata, Shinya Matsunami, Takumi Yoshinaga, Akari Uchida, Emiko Fujii, Shinobu Yokota, Koji Matsumoto, Tatsuya Kouzaki (WAVEMASTER), Shigeharu Isoda (WAVEMASTER), Masaru Setumaru, Jun Senoue, Hideaki Abe, Naofumi Hataya, Kenichi Tokoi, Fumie Kumatani, Amusement Vision Division: "SUPER MONKEY BALL" team, Hitmaker Division: "CRAZY TAXI" team, SEGA-AM2 Division: "Virtua Fighter 4" team, SEGA WOW Division: "The House of The Dead" team, Smilebit Division: "VIRTUA STRIKER" team, ... and all the original game creators. You are SuperStars!!
- International Business & Product Development: Tatsuyuki Miyazaki, Shinobu Shindo, Shiko Sakai
- Sales & Promotion: Yoko Nagasawa, Takeshi Shimizu, Mariko Takeda, Nobuhiro Tanaka, Yamashita Yasushi, Toru Yasuda
- Graphics System: Takashi Ando, Shinichi Uchida, Hideki Kudo, Toshikazu Kawada, Hiroto Hayashi, Akira Kanasugi, Mito Yoshida, Kazuyoshi Hara, Kenichiro Ookuma, Satoshi Nakajima, Noriyuki Tarumi, Yuki Kobayashi, Ryo Suenaga
- Technical Support: Takashi Shoji, Akihiro Etori
- Special Thanks: Eiko Akiyama
- Package & Software Manual: Yoshihiro Sakuta, Hiroki Osawa, Toshiki Yamaguchi
- Software Manual Production: Yoshihiro Sakuta, Hisakazu Nakagawa, Satoru Ishigami, Makoto Nishino
- Test Section General Manager: Junichi Shimizu
- Test Section Manager: Akira Nishikawa
- Test Section Assistant Managers: Kazuhiko Morii, Akinobu Koechi
- Test Coordinator: Akira Terasawa
- Test Directors: Yutaka Kawasaki, Chihiro Tanikawa
- Test Lead: Keiichi Nakamura, Akira Yumoto
- Testers: Takahiro Kodama, Musashi Ootani, Satoshi Yamane, Naoki Kuwajima, Masaru Hashiguchi, Kenji Oohashi
- SEGA EUROPE COO: Naoya Tsurumi
- VP Europe - Sales and Marketing: Mike Hayes
- VP Europe - Product Development: Jin Shimazaki
- European Marketing Director: Matt Woodley
- Head of European Marketing: Gary Knight
- Localization Producer: Kuniyo Matsumoto
- Technical Producer: Elliott Martine
- Product Manager: Mark Fisher
- Localization Team: Daniela Kaynert, Brigitte Nadesan, Giuseppe Rizzo, Marta Lois González
- QA Supervisor: Darius Sadgehian
- Team Lead: Julie Metior
- Testers: James Nicholas, Ricky Ip, Arash Amni, Jigar Patel, Edward Bushell, Mike Hanley, Craig Metior, Trevor Barnes, Justin Shehata, Nadine Bieshaar, Mark Anton Wynter, Lee Brown, Henric Swahn, Antonella Marras, Sonia Souto Sieiro, Jean-Baptiste Bagot
- Special Thanks: Yusuke Suai
- President & COO: Hide Irie
- Director of Product Development: Osamu Shibamiya
- Localization Producer: Jason Kuo
- QA Project Lead: Demetrius Griffin
- Tester: Ben Briones, Brian T.Matt, Lee Frohman
- VP of Entertainment Marketing: Scott Steinberg
- Product Marketing Manager: Mark Polcyn
- Senior Media Specialist: Teri Higgins
- Public Relations: Bret Blount, Ethan Einhorn
- Special Thanks: Jeanette Manahan, Chris Olson, Ayumi Tani
- "Samba De Amigo" aka "Samba De Janeiro"
(C) 1997 Composed by Airto Moreira, Gottfried Engels, Framon Zenker Published by Tumba Music (BMI), Gango Go Music (GEMA) and Upright Songs (GEMA)
- "LIVIN' LA VIDA LOCA"
Words & Music by Robi Rosa & Desmond Child, $c 1999 by A PHANTOM VOX PUBLISHING / DESTON SONGS, LLC., All rights reserved. Used by permission, Rights for Japan administered by WARNER/CHAPPELL MUSIC, JAPAN K.K. c/o NICHION, INC.
- "La Bamba"
Written and Arranged by Ritchie Valens. $c 1958 Renewed 1986 EMI Virgin Songs, Inc. d/b/a EMI Longitude Music and Warner-Tamerlane Publishing. All rights for the United States Controlled and Administered by EMI Virgin Songs, Inc. d/b/a EMI Longitude Music (BMI). $c 1987 Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp. (BMI). All Rights Reserved. International Copyright Secured. Used by Permission
- "Al Compas Del Mambo"
Words & Music by Perez Prado $c PEER INTERNATIONAL CORP. International copyright secured. All rights reserved Rights for Japan administered by HIGH NOTE PUBLISHING CO., LTD.
- "GONNA FLY NOW"
Words by Carol Connors and Ayn Robbins Music by Bill Conti $c Copyright 1976,1977 by EMI U CATALOG, INC. Rights for Japan controlled by Shinko Music Publishing Co., Ltd., Tokyo
- "Hot Hot Hot"
Written by Alphonsus Cassell $c CHRYSALIS MUSIC LTD.
- "Mexican Flyer"
Ken Woodman $c EMI Mills Music Ltd. Licensed by Virgin Music Japan Ltd.
- President: Hide Irie
- Vice President Entertainment Marketing: Scott Steinberg
- Product Marketing Manager: Mark Polcyn
- Director of Product Development and Localization: Osamu Shibamiya
- Producer: Jason Kuo
- Build Engineer: Rick "Maverick" Ribble
- Public Relations: Bret Blout, Ethan Einhorn
- Media Specialist: Teri Higgins
- Sr. Web Producer: Chris Olson
- ‘SAMBA DE AMIGO’ aka ‘SAMBA DE JANEIRO’:
- © 1997 Composed by Airto Moreira, Gottfried Engels, Framon Zenker. Published by Tumba Music (BMI), Gango Go Music (GEMA) and Upright Songs (GEMA).
- LIVIN’ LA VIDA LOCA:
- Words & Music by Robi Rosa & Desmond Child.
- © 1999 by A PHANTOM VOX PUBLISHING / DESTON SONGS, LLC.
- All rights reserved. Used by permission. Rights for Japan administered by WARNER/CHAPPELL MUSIC, JAPAN K.K. c/o NICHION, INC.
- LA BAMBA:
- Written and Arranged by Ritchie Valens. © 1958 Renewed 1986 EMI Virgin Songs, Inc. d/b/a EMI Longitude Music and Warner-Tamerlane Publishing. All rights for the United States Controlled and Administered by EMI Virgin Songs, Inc. d/b/a EMI Longitude Music (BMI). © 1987 Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp. (BMI). All Rights Reserved. International Copyright Secured. Used by Permission.
- AL COMPAS DEL MAMBO:
- Words & Music by Perez Prado. © PEER INTERNATIONAL CORP
- International copyright secured. All rights reserved. Rights for Japan administered by HIGH NOTE PUBLISHING CO., LTD.
- GONNA FLY NOW:
- Words by Carol Connors and Ayn Robbins. Music by Bill Conti.
- © Copyright 1976, 1977 by EMI U CATALOG, INC. Rights for Japan controlled by Shinko Music Publishing Co., Ltd. Tokyo.
- HOT HOT HOT:
- Written by Alphonsus Cassell. © CHRYSALIS MUSIC LTD.
- MEXICAN FLYER:
- Mexican Flyer (Ken Woodman) © EMI Mills Music Ltd. Licensed by Virgin Music Japan Ltd.
- Main article: Sega Superstars/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
|628,240,368||CD-ROM (DE)||SLES-52885 (V1.00)|
|713,234,592||CD-ROM (EU)||SLES-52834 (V1.00)|
|630,757,008||CD-ROM (JP)||SLPM-62554 (V1.01)|
|630,757,008||CD-ROM (JP)||SLPM-62559 (V1.01)|
|634,607,232||CD-ROM (US)||SLUS-20999 (V1.00)|
- Sega of Japan catalogue pages (Japanese): PlayStation 2
- Sega Superstars on PlayStation.com: JP, (EyeToy), US
- Press release: 2004-11-02: SEGA SHIPS SEGA SUPERSTARS FOR EYETOY
- http://sega.jp/ps2/supersta/ (Wayback Machine: 2004-12-15 04:28)
- File:SegaSuperstars PS2 US Manual.pdf, page 37
- Electronic Gaming Monthly, "January 2005" (US; 2004-12-14), page 137
- Hyper, "January 2005" (AU; 2004-12-01), page 66
- Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine, "January 2005" (US; 200x-xx-xx), page 98
- PlayStation 2 Official Magazine - UK, "December 2004" (UK; 2004-11-05), page 84
- Play Games, "06/2004: Dez. '04 - Jan. '05" (DE; 2004-xx-xx), page 16
- PlayZone, "12/2004" (DE; 2004-10-20), page 74
- PlayStation World, "Issue 61" (UK; 2004-10-14), page 72
Exclusive Sonic Sega Superstars Demo (?)