Captain Planet and the Planeteers
From Sega Retro
|Captain Planet and the Planeteers|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Sound driver: GEMS|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Captain Planet and the Planeteers is a 1992 platformer for the Sega Mega Drive by Sega based on the Captain Planet and the Planeteers television series. The game has a total of 5 stages. The first 4 are played with a randomly chosen Planeteer, the last stage is played with Captain Planet.
Game design is very basic in design, with hit detection issues and sometimes unavoidable enemy attacks.
jumps, fires a weak shot, fires a strong shot. As planet power is limited, one has to use it sparingly. When running out of planet power, shots can only be fired at a very low rate, similar to Rolling Thunder 2 Defeated enemies sometimes drop health items or planet power.
Each of the 4 first stages has it's own mission:
- Destroy all computers
- close all valves
- Destroy the mining devices
- Reach the end of the stage
A boss awaits at the end of each mission
Rather than featuring a limited amount of continues, the game has an overall time limit. Remaining time is added to the total score at the end of the game.
The PAL version displays health and planet power through numbers, while the NTSC-U version uses symbols.
- Main article: Captain Planet and the Planeteers/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
|Mega Drive, AU|
|Mega Drive, Asia|
File:MD AS EpilepsyWarning.pdf
ROM dump status
- Sega Force Mega, "August 1993" (UK; 1993-06-24), page 55
- GamesMaster, "February 1993" (UK; 1993-01-21), page 16
- Consoles +, "Avril 1993" (FR; 1993-xx-xx), page 108-109 (108)
- Computer & Video Games, "July 1993" (UK; 1993-06-15), page 83
- Mean Machines: The Essential Sega Guide, "" (UK; 1993-11-18), page 30
- Mega Force, "Mars 1993" (FR; 1993-xx-xx), page 100-101 (100)
- Mean Machines Sega, "July 1993" (UK; 1993-05-25), page 88-90 (88)
- Sega Power, "September 1993" (UK; 1993-xx-xx), page 56-57 (56)
- Sega Force Mega, "August 1993" (UK; 1993-06-24), page 54-55 (54)