From Sega Retro
Revision as of 13:52, 29 June 2019 by Ccawley2011
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
David Javelosa is a full time Professor of Interactive Media in the Design Technology Department at Santa Monica College’s Academy of Entertainment and Technology where he also founded a program in game development.
He has been active as a composer, performer and new media artist for electronic music, non-linear game music, improvisation, performance art, music technology, and as an author and educator since the early nineties. He has composed and produced numerous recordings of his own and other’s music. He has also published many articles and a book “Sound and Music for Multimedia”.
He studied at San Jose State University with Alan Strange and the California Institute of the Arts with Morton Subotnick and David Rosenboom, among others. He has taught at San Francisco State’s Multimedia Studies Center, UCLA’s Entertainment Studies Program and at Santa Monica College.
Javelosa has also held the positions of Audio Director at Sega of America and Game Industry Specialist for the Yamaha Corporation and has also worked as a freelance composer, sound designer and consultant to the game industry. His work appears regularly in performances and conferences and he is widely acclaimed as an innovator in interactive audio and experimental music.
- Mario Lemieux Hockey (Mega Drive; 1991) — Music/Sound
- Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin (Mega Drive; 1991) — Music and Effects (as Dave Javelosa)
- Streets of Rage 3 (Mega Drive; 1994) — Special Thanks to
- Ecco: The Tides of Time (Mega Drive; 1994) — Music
- Jurassic Park (Mega-CD) (Mega-CD; 1993) — Sound Manager
- Aaahh!!! Real Monsters (Mega Drive; 1995) — Additional Music and Sound Effects (as Dave Javelosa)
- Sonic Spinball (Mega Drive Version) (1993) — Special Thanks
- Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Mega Drive Version) (1993) — Sound (Sega of America)
- Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Game Gear and Master System Versions) (1993/1994) — Sound Programmer
- Pocahontas (Mega Drive Version) (1996) — Production Support
- Tales from the Crypt (PC Version) (1996)
- Armored Fist 2 (1997) — Dialog Editing, MIDI Editing & Conversion
- Milo's Astro Lanes (1998)
- Sega CD Boot-up & Demos (1992)
- "Loving U Remx" for Sega Network (1993)
- Sony Online Game Shows (1997)
- Tommy Thunder (PSX Version) (1998)
- SYXG Demos for DirectMusic (1999)