Duke Nukem 3D (Mega Drive)
From Sega Retro
|Duke Nukem 3D|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Publisher: Tec Toy (Brazil), Piko Interactive (US)|
|Developer: Tec Toy|
|Sound driver: GEMS|
|Peripherals supported: Six Button Control Pad|
|Number of players: 1|
|Official in-game languages: |
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Duke Nukem 3D is a 1998 Brazil-exclusive Sega Mega Drive game by Tec Toy based on the popular PC game of the same name. The earlier Sega Saturn version was a port of the PC game; Tec Toy's version contains graphics and sound effects from the PC version, but has substantially different gameplay mechanics, levels, and a simplified game engine.
It is widely speculated to be an extensive hack of Zero Tolerance, but this remains unconfirmed. The legal status of the remake is disputed; 3D Realms claims that it is not legal while Tec Toy claims that they obtained a license from publisher GT Interactive (now defunct).
The game solely contains the second of the original games three episodes. This episode is called Lunar Apocalypse but the levels are redesigned to better suit the new game engine.
According to the Heriberto Martinez the game engine utilizes "Raycast" techniques for 3D rendering. He also said there was a "Plan B" of creating a engine similar to Phantasy Star's labyrinth, since ray casting could be possibly too heavy for the Mega Drive and/or demand too much code.
Development took around 14 months.
- : Todd Replogle, Allem K. Blum III
- TEC TOY :
- : Antonio Frey de Alencar
- : Heriberto Martinez Manrique
- : Maurício Antonio Guerta
- : Daniel Trevisan
- Main article: Duke Nukem 3D (Mega Drive)/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
- https://pikointeractive.com/blog/duke-nukem-3d-released-for-sega-genesis/ (Wayback Machine: 2020-08-14 22:44)
- http://blogtectoy.com.br/entrevista-com-heriberto-martinez-gerente-de-engenharia-da-tectoy/ (Wayback Machine: 2016-11-14 12:10)
- File:Dukenukem3d md br manual.pdf, page 16
- 1700 igr dlya Sega, "" (RU; 2003-xx-xx), page 97
- Cool Gamer, "9" (RU; 2002-10-13), page 68
|Duke Nukem 3D (Mega Drive)|