Enduro Racer (Master System)
From Sega Retro
Revision as of 21:46, 19 January 2019 by Hivebrain
|System(s): Sega Master System, Virtual Console|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Enduro Racer (Master System) (エンデューロレーサー) for the Sega Master System, known in Brazil as Super Cross, is a racing video game released for the console in 1987.
It is a very loose interpretation of the arcade game, Enduro Racer, however radically changes gameplay for undisclosed reasons, being played from an oblique perspective similar to the likes of Paperboy as opposed to the third-person perspective seen elsewhere.
The game was significantly cut down for the Western release in order to fit the game onto a cheaper 128kB ROM as opposed to the original 256kB Japanese version. Five of the original ten courses were cut, with the five remaining courses now having to be played twice. It's also missing the post-game map that charts your progress, as well as the dirt bike image on the title screen. Captain Silver would receive a similar fate for it's US release too.
The Japanese version (TODO: confirm for other versions) suffers from a serious bug: By moving almost to the rightmost point, it's possible to clear the whole course without collisions.
- Main article: Enduro Racer (Master System)/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
|Master System, BR|
|<div style="margin:auto; max-width:Expression error: Unexpected < operator.px">
|Master System, KR|
ROM dump status
- File:CVG UK 073.pdf, page 132
- http://www.nintendolife.com/games/mastersystem/enduro_racer (archived: 2017-06-26 19:15)
- http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/AWc_mbooRPNlYrY1BxuwzjiKC4-ZfIpZ (archived: 2010-11-22 22:44)
- https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/vc/software/08.html (archived: 2018-03-06 23:35)
- http://vc.sega.jp:80/vc_enduro/ (archived: 2008-10-21 07:44)
- Computer & Video Games, "March 1988" (UK; 1988-02-15), page 10
- File:CompleteGuideToConsoles_UK_01.pdf, page 55
- File:CGtC UK 04.pdf, page 95
- File:CVG UK 077.pdf, page 121
- File:HobbyConsolas ES 004.pdf, page 86
- File:MeanMachinesSega01UK.pdf, page 129
- File:PowerPlay DE 002.pdf, page 88
- S: The Sega Magazine, "July 1990" (UK; 1990-06-07), page 8
- File:SegaPro UK 02.pdf, page 55