Heroes of the Lance
From Sega Retro
|Heroes of the Lance|
|System(s): Sega Master System|
|Publisher: U.S. Gold|
|Developer: Strategic Simulations, Tiertex|
|Number of players: 1|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Heroes of the Lance is an action-adventure game for the Sega Master System based on the Dungeons and Dragons franchise. In particular, it is an adaptation of chapters 15-22 of the novel "Dragons of the Autumn Twilight", which in turn is an adaptation of the first Dragonlance tabletop role-playing module. The Master System port is the last and the graphically most advanced of the 11 ports of the game released in the three previous years.
Heroes of the Lance is absolutely not a role-playing game: it lacks any active dialogue with peaceful characters; it lacks freedom of exploration and backtracking; it lacks any character development. The "experience points" in the menu are just the player's score.
The game consists of three stages. Players should navigate each of them until they find the exit that connects to the next stage.
- Main article: Heroes of the Lance/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
|Master System, AU|
ROM dump status
- Sega Power, "October 1991" (UK; 1991-09-05), page 32
- Joystick, "Novembre 1991" (FR; 1991-xx-xx), page 160
- Player One, "Février 1992" (FR; 1992-xx-xx), page 72/73 (72)
- Sega Power, "October 1991" (UK; 1991-09-05), page 32/33 (32)
- Sega Pro, "December 1991" (UK; 1991-11-21), page 50 (52)
- Sega Force, "January 1992" (UK; 1991-12-12), page 40/41 (40)
NEC Retro has more information related to Heroes of the Lance.
|Dungeons & Dragons games for Sega systems|
|Heroes of the Lance (1991) | Dungeons & Dragons: Warriors of the Eternal Sun (1992) | Eye of the Beholder (1994) | Dungeons & Dragons Collection (1999)|
|Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom (unreleased) | Iron & Blood (unreleased)|