From Sega Retro
|Place of birth: Arakawa, Tokyo, Japan|
|Date of birth: 1970-05-05|
|Date of death: 2013-02-20 (age 42)|
|Role(s): Executive, Designer, Composer, Musician|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Kenji Eno (飯野賢治) was a Japanese musician and video game designer, and founder of game development company Warp. He gained a reputation as a maverick during the mid-1990s for creating unorthodox games like Real Sound: Kaze no Regret, and is perhaps most remembered today for his rebellious marketing techniques. Outside of Japan, he was best known for his survival horror series D, and for personally composing the soundtracks for several of his games.
During his life, Eno founded the video game development companies EIM and Warp, and also worked in a variety of other fields (such as the automotive, cellphone, tobacco, and hotel industries, among others.)
According to close friend Katsutoshi Eguchi, Eno also created both the name "Dreamcast" and the system's iconic spiral logo. Sega of Japan accepted open submissions from the general public on the new console's name, and posing as a regular entrant, Eno's submission beat around 1,000 other entries and won. Eno also suggested that the Dreamcast include a start-up sound (in the same way Windows 95 famously started with a Brian Eno jingle), to which he turned to Ryuichi Sakamoto - an offer the musician quickly accepted.
Eno died on February 20, 2013, due to heart failure brought on by hypertension.
- D (Saturn; 1995) — Directed and Written by
- D (Saturn; 1995) — Original theme music by
- Enemy Zero (Saturn; 1996) — Directed And Story By
- Enemy Zero (Saturn; 1996) — Sound Producers
- Enemy Zero (Saturn; 1996) — Additional Piano For Game Software By
- Enemy Zero (Saturn; 1996) — Produced By
- Sega Rally 2 (Model 3; 1998) — Musicians
- Sega Rally 2 (Dreamcast; 1999) — Musicians
- D-2 (Dreamcast; 1999) — Directed and Story by
- D-2 (Dreamcast; 1999) — Music by
- D-2 (Dreamcast; 1999) — Programmed by
- D-2 (Dreamcast; 1999) — Musicians Are
- D-2 (Dreamcast; 1999) — Produced by
- Sega Rally 2 (CD; 1998) — Sound Producer (All Music,Arrangement,S.E.& Voice)
- D2 Original Sound Track (CD; 1999) — Producer
- D2 Original Sound Track (CD; 1999) — Manipulate
- D2 Original Sound Track (CD; 1999) — Programming
- D2 Original Sound Track (CD; 1999) — Vocalisation
- D2 Original Sound Track (CD; 1999) — Art Direction
- D2 Original Sound Track (CD; 1999) — All song are written&Arranged by
- Main article: Kenji Eno/Song credits.
- Main article: Photos of Kenji Eno
- http://www.asahi.com/obituaries/update/0221/TKY201302210302.html (Wayback Machine: 2013-11-01 01:54)
- JW Szczepaniak (2014). The Untold History of Japanese Game Developers: Volume 1
- File:Congo Saturn credits.pdf
- File:SegaRally2 CD JP Booklet.pdf, page 10