Difference between revisions of "Mad Catz 6 Button Controller"
From Sega Retro
m (Text replacement - "| maker=" to "| type=Control pad | maker=")
|(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)|
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
|Line 82:||Line 82:|
Latest revision as of 05:09, 28 July 2019
|Mad Catz 6 Button Controller/High Frequency Control Pad/Gamester MD-6|
|Manufacturer: Mad Catz|
|Type: Control pad|
|Made for: Sega Mega Drive|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
The Mad Catz 6 Button Controller is a third-party controller for the Sega Mega Drive developed by Mad Catz and released variously under the Mad Catz and High Frequency branding. It is, as the name suggests, a six button controller with added turbo features—the logical upgrade from their 3 button variants. Both black and transparent versions exist. Gamester distributed the peripheral in Europe as the MD-6.
An equivalent six-button controller was also released for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, with the same diverse branding, under names such as the Mad Catz/High Frequency Advanced Control Pad and the Gamester SN-8.
also published in:
|Mega Drive, US|
|Mega Drive, FR|
- Computer & Video Games, "August 1994" (UK; 1994-07-15), page 61
- Computer & Video Games, "August 1994" (UK; 1994-07-15), page 116
- Computer & Video Games, "September 1994" (UK; 1994-08-15), page 56
- Mean Machines Sega, "October 1994" (UK; 1994-08-xx), page 33
- Ultimate Future Games, "December 1994" (UK; 1994-11-01), page 96
- Computer & Video Games, "December 1994" (UK; 1994-11-15), page 61
- Computer & Video Games, "February 1995" (UK; 1995-01-15), page 22
|Third-party controllers for the Sega Mega Drive|