Welcome to Sega Retro, a project from the people behind Sonic Retro. We aim to cover everything possible about Sega from the 1940s to today. We currently are working on 26,940 articles and have many more that are requested to be worked on.
While this wiki is designed to help the community by providing information, it is also dependent on the community to be updated. Anyone with an account may edit the wiki. As you feel more comfortable with the site, please feel free to make any changes or additions that you feel necessary.
List of abbreviations:
- This edit created a new page (also see list of new pages)
- This is a minor edit
- This edit was performed by a bot
- The page size changed by this number of bytes
25 September 2021
We have more than 7,000 Sega games
documented, from the slot machines of old to the cutting-edge titles of today. Every known release from every region of the world, both licensed and unlicensed, unfinished
, for computers
, consoles, handhelds
and everything in between.
, covers, manuals, media and promotional material
, as well as internal documents you were never meant to see
; Sega Retro has a huge library of high quality scans dating back to 1945
and the database grows every day.
Audio and video
Hundreds of singles and albums, audiobooks, television broadcasts and even a few stage shows, not to mention the company's fondness for karaoke and its two house bands.
Including people, companies, history, toys, merchandise, secrets, venues, events, technical information, interviews... and a pizza restaurant.
On this day, September 25...
September 25 (
Released on this day
- 1992: Rise of the Dragon: A Blade Hunter Mystery, Wonder Dog (Mega-CD, JP)
- 1995: Hataraku Kuruma Diapet Daishuugou! (Pico, JP)
- 1995: NHL All-Star Hockey (Saturn, CA)
- 1995: Shanghai: Triple-Threat (Saturn, US)
- 1997: Gun Frontier Arcade Gears, Ishin no Arashi, Kidou Senshi Z Gundam: Kouhen Sora o Kakeru, MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat, Momotarou Douchuuki, Private Idol Disc Vol. 6: Yoshida Satomi, Pro Yakyuu Greatest Nine 97 Make Miracle, Roommate: Ryouko in Summer Vacation, Söldnerschild, Shinseiki Evangelion: Digital Card Library, Shutsudou! Miniskirt Police, Sotsugyou S, Super Robot Taisen F, Time Bokan Series: Bokan to Ippatsu! Doronboo Kanpekiban (Saturn, JP)
- 1997: Victory Goal Worldwide Edition (Windows PC, JP)
- 1997: Sonic 3D Blast (Windows PC, US)
- 2000: Sakura Taisen TV, Sakura Taisen: Gouka Kenran (DVD, JP)
- 2001: Shenmue II Saisoku Kouryaku Guide (Book, JP)
- 2001: Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2 (Dreamcast, US)
- 2003: F-Zero GX/AX Complete Guide Book (Book, JP)
- 2003: Border Down, Capcom vs. SNK Millennium Fight 2000 Pro, Memories Off 2nd, Power Stone 2, Snow, Tako no Marine, Yoshia no Oka de Nekoronde... (Dreamcast, JP)
- 2003: Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 4: Space Harrier, Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 5: Golden Axe, Shinobi (PlayStation 2, JP)
- 2007: Landstalker: Koutei no Zaihou (Virtual Console, JP)
- 2008: World Destruction: Michibikareshi Ishi Premium Sound Track (CD, JP)
- 2008: Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (Nintendo DS, AU)
- 2008: World Destruction: Michibikareshi Ishi, U-Can Pen Ji Training DS (Nintendo DS, JP)
- 2009: Let's Tap: Gem Game (iOS, JP)
- 2009: R-Type (Virtual Console, EU)
- 2012: Dead or Alive 5 (Xbox 360, US)
- 2012: Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit (PlayStation 3, US)
- 2013: Sonic Lost World: Wonder World EP (??, JP)
- 2013: Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (Android, JP)
- 2013: Dead or Alive 5 Last Round, Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (PlayStation 3, EU)
- 2013: Nazo Puyo (Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console, JP)
- 2014: Shin Megami Tensei IV, Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (Nintendo 3DS, KR)
- 2017: 2018 Sega Hardware Calendar (Book, JP)
- 2017: Halo Wars 2 (Xbox One, HK)
- 2018: Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PlayStation 4, US)
- 2020: Panzer Dragoon: Remake (??, US)
- 2020: Sega Ages Herzog Zwei (Nintendo Switch, AU)
- 2020: Joker (Toy, JP)
You can become a part of the Sega Retro community in several different ways:
- Sign up for a Sega Retro account and become part of our group of editors (If you have a Sonic Retro account please use the same username for your account here)
- We have lots of game pages that are in desperate need of more information. If you know your way around some of these games, help us out by telling us how to play or what to expect. We also have many pages that still need to be made.
- We are always on the lookout for high quality, unmarked, genuine game media scans. If you notice a poor quality or missing scan of a game you have, please help by making a scan and replacing the bad one.
- Log on to Discord and join #sega, our dedicated channel
- From another country or speak another language? Help us by providing otherwise difficult-to-get information about Sega in mainland Europe, Asia, Africa, and South America, or by translating texts.
- Short on ideas? Visit the "to do" page
The Sonic the Hedgehog resource second only to Sega.
Documenting Sega history from the 1940s to present day.
The higher energy computer and video game site for NEC.
Press, pics, and the proving ground for what's next.