From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Saturn|
|Sound driver: SCSP/CD-DA (9 tracks)|
|Genre: Action, Shooting|
|Number of players: 1|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
SteamGear Mash (スチームギア★マッシュ) is an isometric shooting and platforming game released exclusively for the Sega Saturn in Japan.
Graphics are a mix of prerendered sprites and typical pixel artwork.
The games has mutliple stages, most of these are layed out in a maze like fashion. Special weapons are required to open certain doors. The concept is similar to Nintendo's Metroid series, while the isometric view and the ability to spin around the own axis by 360° was seen in Skeleton Krew first.
A boss awaits at the end of each stage. The current status can be saved after clearing a stage or using save points.
- Main article: SteamGear Mash/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
|434,795,424||1995-08-24||CD-ROM (JP)||T-10301G V1.000|
- File:SteamGearMash Saturn JP Box Back.jpg
- https://sega.jp/fb/segahard/ss/soft_licensee1.html (archived: 2020-03-20 23:04)
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "October 1995" (JP; 1995-09-08), page 42
- Consoles +, "Novembre 1995" (FR; 1995-xx-xx), page 152/153 (152)
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "October 1995" (JP; 1995-09-08), page 175 (177)
- Sega Saturn Magazine (readers), "Final data" (JP; 2000-03), page 12 (14)