From Sega Retro
Revision as of 16:04, 25 August 2018 by Black Squirrel (Text replacement - "| status=" to "| cancelledstate=Late | status=")
|Publisher: VIC Tokai|
|Developer: Kemco, Eurocom|
|Planned release date: 1994-11|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Number of players: 2|
|State before cancellation: Late in development|
|Status of prototype(s): Prototype dumped|
Stone Protectors is an unreleased Sega Mega Drive beat-'em-up game developed by Eurocom based on the cartoon series with the same name. It saw a release for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System in 1994, and a port to the Mega Drive was due to be published by VIC Tokai, but was cancelled for unknown reasons. The game was very close to completion before being axed, so much so that it had even obtained an ESRB rating.
A fully working prototype of the Mega Drive version was unearthed in 2010.
- Programming: Dave Looker, Ashley Finney, Tim Swann
- Graphics and Animation: Mat Sneap, Colin Garratt, Matt Dixon, Nigel Bentley, Andy Bee
- Music: Steve Duckworth
- Quality Assurance: Mark Hetherington
- Additional Animation: Simon Garrigan
- Special Thanks to: Neil Baldwin, Ian Denny, Hugh Binns, Richard Alton, Robert Watkins, Paul Bates, Tim Rogers, Adrian Mannion, Andi Smithers, Jon Williams, Steve Bedser
S Okuhara, K. Nagata, M. Ishii, K. Nishimura, H. Masuno
A. Saito, O. Miyashita, R. Shiroishi
S. Gamoran, K. White, P. Lockwood
- Source: In-game credits
- Main article: Stone Protectors/Magazine articles.
ROM dump status
|2MB||1993-12||(981 kB) i|