From Sega Retro
CartridgeCulture (talk) 00:29, 3 December 2021 (EST)
From his LinkedIn. Man’s a good communicator, these are very well-composed and get across a lot of information clearly and concisely.
- Group Director, Global Marketing
- Company Name Sega of America
- Dates Employed1989 – 1993
- Employment Duration 4 yrs
- Founded the marketing department for Sega's reentry into the U.S. game market
- Launched the Sega Genesis brand, growing Sega’s market share from 3% to 56% in three years, while dethroning the firmly entrenched industry leader
- Launched Sonic The Hedgehog who became the most popular character in America with a Q score rating eclipsing Disney’s Mickey Mouse. Sonic games have surpassed $1 billion in sales
- Named as one of Advertising Age’s Top 100 Marketers for for successfully revitalizing the Sega brand and building the Sonic brand and franchise.
- Developed and directed the industry’s first simultaneous global product launch which made Sonic The Hedgehog 2 the #1 selling video game of the year with worldwide sales exceeding 4.5 million units.
- Transformed Sega’s brand image into being perceived as the cool, innovative, must-have leader by consumers, industry, partners, the financial community and the media
- Drove significant incremental revenue growth by making the video rental market a partner. This not only resulted in 10,000+ new doors actively promoting Sega products, strategically it was a major competitive advantage. Sega’s tie ratio increased as consumers used game rentals as means of product trial before purchase.
These can be adapted to this page, as well as other parts of the wiki. Seriously man, digging this phrasing, very concise. CartridgeCulture (talk) 05:11, 11 April 2021 (EDT)