From Sega Retro
|Battle Mania/Trouble Shooter|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Trouble Shooter, called Battle Mania (バトルマニア) in Japan, is a shoot-'em-up developed and published by VIC Tokai for the Sega Mega Drive in 1991 in the US and in Japan in 1992. An Asia-only sequel, Battle Mania Daiginjou, was also developed.
The player plays as both Mania Ohtorii (Madison in the US version) and Maria Haneda (Crystal in the US version), a sister team called the "Trouble Shooters," who are called to rescue the King's son, who has been kidnapped by the crime group Blackball.
Mania and Maria hover around in mid-air using the D-pad to move, but will move together in the configuration they are in. Pressing shoots; holding the button will trigger rapidfire but the shots cannot be aimed. changes the direction Maria is shooting in (either to the left or to the right; Mania will always shoot to the right). fires the special weapon chosen in the Engine selection screen before starting the level; before you can use it, it must be charged by holding for a certain amount of time. Maria is invulnerable, but if Mania dies once, the game is over and the player must use a continue.
|Language||Localised Name||English Translation|
|English (US)||Trouble Shooter||Trouble Shooter|
- Graphics - Enemies, Scroll, Opening: Doro-P
- Graphics - Enemies, Scroll, Title: Porten
- Sound Created by: Team Hyakuman-Goku
- B G M: Raika Papa
- S.E.: Bakkin! Tama
- Voice: Yuki Chan
- Program - Enemies, Scroll, Tools: Propeller Wado
- Program - Boss, Title: Saboten Cuctus
- Program - My Chara, System: Takayan
- Special Thanks to: Sho-chan, Yamachan, Simpson, Kamo-san
- English Text by: Jimee D & MC Ikeya
- And My Friendly Neighborhood: Tonboo, Jorum, & Fellows of the Lance
- Developed for Video Game Studio Space Iron Men
- Directed by: Takayan the Barbarian in Studio Space Iron Men
- Main article: Trouble Shooter/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
| Based on|
|Battle Mania/Trouble Shooter games for Sega systems|
|Battle Mania/Trouble Shooter (1991/1992) | Battle Mania Daiginjou (1993)|