From Sega Retro
|Battle Mania/Trouble Shooter|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Trouble Shooter, called Battle Mania (バトルマニア) in Japan, is a shoot-'em-up developed and published by VIC Tokai for the Sega Mega Drive in 1991 in the US and in Japan in 1992. An Asia-only sequel, Battle Mania Daiginjou, was also developed.
The player plays as both Mania Ohtorii (Madison in the US version) and Maria Haneda (Crystal in the US version), a sister team called the "Trouble Shooters," who are called to rescue the King's son, who has been kidnapped by the crime group Blackball.
Mania and Maria hover around in mid-air using the D-pad to move, but will move together in the configuration they are in. Pressing
shoots; holding the button will trigger rapidfire but the shots cannot be aimed.
changes the direction Maria is shooting in (either to the left or to the right; Mania will always shoot to the right).
fires the special weapon chosen in the Engine selection screen before starting the level; before you can use it, it must be charged by holding
for a certain amount of time. Maria is invulnerable, but if Mania dies once, the game is over and the player must use a continue.
|Language||Localised Name||English Translation|
|English (US)||Trouble Shooter||Trouble Shooter|
- Graphics - Enemies, Scroll, Opening: Doro-P
- Graphics - Enemies, Scroll, Title: Porten
- Sound Created by: Team Hyakuman-Goku
- B G M: Raika Papa
- S.E.: Bakkin! Tama
- Voice: Yuki Chan
- Program - Enemies, Scroll, Tools: Propeller Wado
- Program - Boss, Title: Saboten Cuctus
- Program - My Chara, System: Takayan
- Special Thanks to: Sho-chan, Yamachan, Simpson, Kamo-san
- English Text by: Jimee D & MC Ikeya
- And My Friendly Neighborhood: Tonboo, Jorum, & Fellows of the Lance
- Developed for Video Game Studio Space Iron Men
- Directed by: Takayan the Barbarian in Studio Space Iron Men
- Main article: Trouble Shooter/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
- GamePro, "January 1992" (US; 199x-xx-xx), page 70
- Beep! MegaDrive, "March 1992" (JP; 1992-02-08), page 35 (37)
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "September 1995" (JP; 1995-08-08), page 83 (85)
- Consoles +, "Avril 1992" (FR; 1992-xx-xx), page 74/75 (74)
- GamePro, "January 1992" (US; 199x-xx-xx), page 66 (70)
- Joypad, "Avril 1992" (FR; 1992-xx-xx), page 89-91 (89)
- Joystick, "Mars 1992" (FR; 1992-xx-xx), page 138
- Joystick, "Mars 1992" (FR; 1992-xx-xx), page 79
- Joystick, "Mars 1992" (FR; 1992-xx-xx), page 52/53 (52)
- Sega Power, "May 1992" (UK; 1992-04-02), page 32/33 (32)
- Sega Pro, "June 1992" (UK; 1992-05-21), page 70/71 (70)
|Battle Mania/Trouble Shooter games for Sega systems|
|Battle Mania/Trouble Shooter (1991/1992) | Battle Mania Daiginjou (1993)|