From Sega Retro
- Back to: CartridgeCulture.
- It seems that IGN "localises" the dates depending on where the page is accessed from. Accessing from the UK gives a date of December 31st for Batman Returns, but when using a US proxy I got the date of May 19th that you referenced. Not an issue as you linked an archive of the page, and the Internet Archive is based in the US, but could be an issue if someone wanted to reference the UK page. That "UK" date is obviously a placeholder though, it released in September going by the official Gallup charts.Pirate Dragon (talk) 11:50, 15 April 2021 (EDT)
Just letting you know, we use wapuro romaji for Japanese names, so long "o" becomes "ou" and long "u" becomes "uu". There are very few instances where a page's title isn't plain ascii. - Hivebrain (talk) 22:08, 30 May 2021 (EDT)
- Got it, thanks for the heads up. I'll start putting Refs under external links too :) CartridgeCulture (talk) 01:59, 31 May 2021 (EDT)
It's unlikely we're going to maintain categories for every company, so I'd just do
- Got it, that'll actually be easier. Thanks :)
- CartridgeCulture (talk) 11:06, 10 September 2021 (EDT)
- Hey thanks so much for helping with that text replacement BS c:
- CartridgeCulture (talk) 12:36, 10 September 2021 (EDT)
- ok. suppose my reasoning was the "we want to cover everything sega-relevant here and not elsewhere" thing. do we only cover third-party staff if they've done a certain amount of games? or if they have a specific amount of relevant development history/contributions/etc? either way my bad, not trying to make any noise here :( CartridgeCulture (talk) 06:54, 21 October 2021 (EDT)
- It's more about whether there's enough content to justify a page - the Omikron page will already detail David Bowie's involvement, and since he didn't do anything else Sega-related as far as I can tell, all a dedicated David Bowie page is going to offer is "worked on Omikron", i.e. we're just duplicating the Sega-related information.
- Michael Jackson, meanwhile, has been in games, has been consulted on things, has inspired certain Sega products, etc.. So it's about making a judgement on what is worthwhile. -Black Squirrel (talk) 07:19, 21 October 2021 (EDT)