Yakuza Kiwami 2
From Sega Retro
|Yakuza Kiwami 2|
|System(s): PlayStation 4, Steam|
|Developer: Ryu ga Gotoku Studio|
|Number of players: 1|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Yakuza Kiwami 2, known as Ryu ga Gotoku Kiwami 2 (龍が如く極2) in Japan, is a remake of the 2006 PlayStation 2 game, Yakuza 2. It is a "sequel" to Yakuza Kiwami, which offered a similar upgrade to the original Yakuza.
In Japan the game was released as both a regular and limited edition, which came with a soundtrack CD. A limited run of "PlayStation 4 Ryu ga Gotoku Kiwami 2 Edition" consoles were sold in Japan, which didn't come with the game but had artwork from the game printed on the side. Black and white variants were available with 500GB or 1TB internal hard drives.
Yakuza Kiwami 2 offers similar upgrades to Yakuza Kiwami, essentially moving Yakuza 2 to a newer gameplay engine while improving graphics and shortening load times. It also ties in closer to Yakuza 0 as well as later games, resolving plot points that were originally left unaddressed.
Unlike Kiwami which used the engine seen in Yakuza 0 (and all previous mainline games from Yakuza 3 onwards), Kiwami 2 uses the engine originally written for Yakuza 6. As a result, signficant upgrades are offered across the board, at the expense of a PlayStation 3 conversion.
The Club Sega venues now feature playable versions of Virtua Fighter 2.1 and Cyber Troopers Virtual-On, each with two difficulty modes. Also included are simulated versions of Toylets, Sega's interactive urinal system.
Yakuza Kiwami 2 introduces an entirely new "clan creator" game mode, "Majima Construction", in which Kiryu controls a team of up to nine employees at Majima Construction in an attempt to defend the company's equipment from its rivals. From a top-down perspective, the player controls the positions of each employee, in game that plays as a mixture of real-time strategy and tower defense.
Employees are hired either by putting out advertisments or clearing parts of the main campaign (and its sub-stories).
Also new to Kiwami 2 is a three-chapter extra campaign, where series anti-hero Goro Majima is a playable character. Majima's story is unlocked as the player progresses through Kiryu's, and takes place between the events of Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza Kiwami 2's main campaign. It also ties into the events of Yakuza 0, which chronolgically was the last game to feature a playable Majima.
Unlike Yakuza 0 however, Majima does not earn EXP, and so cannot be upgraded - his strength and abilities remain constant throughout each chapter. While Majima gets to travel around both Kamuro-cho and Sotenbori, there are no sub-stories and interaction with the world is more restricted than with Kiryu.
- Main article: Yakuza Kiwami 2/Achievements.
|Language||Localised Name||English Translation|
|English||Yakuza Kiwami 2||Yakuza Kiwami 2|
|English (US)||Yakuza Kiwami 2||Yakuza Kiwami 2|
|Japanese||Ryu ga Gotoku Kiwami 2 (龍が如く 極2)|
|Chinese (Traditional; Taiwan)||人中之龍極2|
- Main article: Yakuza Kiwami 2/Changelog.
- Main article: Yakuza Kiwami 2/Downloadable content.
- Main article: Yakuza Kiwami 2/Magazine articles.
|PlayStation 4, KR|
|PlayStation 4, AS† (English)|
- Official website (Japanese)
- Yakuza Kiwami 2 on PlayStation.com: JP, KR
- Yakuza Kiwami 2 on PlayStation Store: JP, JP (Taikenban), US, US (Demo), UK, UK (Demo), AU, AU (Demo), KR, KR (Demo), TW, TW (Demo)
- PlayStation 4 Ryu ga Gotoku Kiwame 2 Edition on Sony.jp
- Yakuza Kiwami 2 on Steam
- https://www.jp.playstation.com/games/ryu-ga-gotoku-kiwami-2-ps4/ (archived: 2018-04-21 22:00)
- https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/17/17134560/yakuza-kiwami-2-launch-date-west-ps4 (archived: 2018-04-08 12:10)
- http://asia.sega.com:80/ryu-ga-gotoku/kiwami2/kr/ (archived: 2017-10-10 22:59)
- PlayStation Store (en-us; UP0177-CUSA10634_00-YAKUZAKIWAMI0002) (archived: 2018-12-08 05:58)
- PlayStation Store (en-us; UP0177-CUSA11713_00-YAKUZAKIWAMI2DEM) (archived: 2018-07-27 21:28)
- PlayStation Store (en-gb; EP0177-CUSA10706_00-YAKUZAKIWAMI0002) (archived: 2019-01-14 14:24)
- PlayStation Store (en-gb; EP0177-CUSA11735_00-YAKUZAKIWAMI2DEM) (archived: 2019-01-14 14:24)
- PlayStation Store (en-au; EP0177-CUSA10706_00-YAKUZAKIWAMI0002) (archived: 2019-01-14 14:26)
- PlayStation Store (en-au; EP0177-CUSA11735_00-YAKUZAKIWAMI2DEM) (archived: 2019-01-14 14:26)
- PlayStation Store (fr-fr; EP0177-CUSA10706_00-YAKUZAKIWAMI0002) (archived: 2019-01-14 14:28)
- PlayStation Store (fr-fr; EP0177-CUSA11735_00-YAKUZAKIWAMI2DEM) (archived: 2019-01-14 14:28)
- PlayStation Store (de-de; EP0177-CUSA10706_00-YAKUZAKIWAMI0002) (archived: 2019-01-14 14:29)
- PlayStation Store (de-de; EP0177-CUSA11735_00-YAKUZAKIWAMI2DEM) (archived: 2019-01-14 14:29)
- PlayStation Store (ko-kr; HP0177-CUSA09615_00-ASIAPLACEHOLDER0) (archived: 2019-01-08 22:16)
- PlayStation Store (ko-kr; HP0177-CUSA10792_00-RYUKIWAMI2KR0000) (archived: 2019-01-09 01:23)
- PlayStation Store (en-tw; HP0177-CUSA09614_00-ASIAPLACEHOLDER0) (archived: 2019-01-14 14:35)
- PlayStation Store (en-tw; HP0177-CUSA10553_00-RYUKIWAMI2CN0000) (archived: 2019-01-14 14:35)
- https://steamdb.info/app/927380/ (archived: 2019-05-12 11:24)
- http://www.sony.jp:80/playstation/store/special/ps4/ryugagotoku_kiwami2/ (archived: 2018-02-01 23:24)
- https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/5520/20170828-ryuk2-3.html (archived: 2017-09-11 11:45)
- https://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=927380 (archived: 2019-11-29 22:00)
|Yakuza Kiwami 2|