This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Dino Dini's Soccer is a top-down football game for the Sega Mega Drive programmed by Dino Dini, the man behind the first two Kick Off games by Anco Games. It was only released in Europe.
Dino Dini's Soccer is a retooled version of an earlier Amiga game, Goal!, sporting superior graphics and support for four players via Sega's Team Player peripheral. Though this has not been confirmed, it has been suggested that during development Dino Dini's Soccer was set to be a straight port of Goal! with no extra features (this being the situation with the SNES version, which despite its name, was not personally handled by Dino Dini like this Mega Drive release). An unconfirmed working title appears to have been Dino Dini's Goal!.
As a spiritual sequel to Kick Off 2 (or Super Kick Off, as it appeared on the Mega Drive), Dino Dini's Soccer offers similar gameplay but with the addition of smarter AI, multiple cameras and improved presentation.
- Concept, Design and Code by: Dino Dini
- Conversion by: Dino Dini
- Produced by: Pam Dini
- Produced for Virgin by: Michael Merren
- Graphics by: Design Systems
- Theme Tune by: Allister Brimble
- Audio by: Krisalis Software Ltd
- Music Driver by: S.Hollingworth
- Other Music and FM SFX by: Matt Furniss
- Additional Samples by: Dino Dini
- Team Data by: Michael Merren
- Playtesters: Dino Dini, Pam Dini, Michael Merren, Michael Wenn, Tony Byus, Alon Malka, Carl Perrin
- Published by: Virgin I.E.
- A Dini and Dini Production
- Copyright (C) Dino Dini 1993-1994
- All Rights Reserved Worldwide
- Dedicated to Our Daughter Chance
- Main article: Dino Dini's Soccer/Magazine articles.
Expression error: Unexpected < operator.
<div style="width:Expression error: Unexpected < operator.
px; padding-left:2px; padding-top:9px; padding-right:2px;">Print advert in Computer & Video Games
(UK) #157: "December 1994" (1994-11-15)
|Sega Retro Average
|Computer & Video Games (UK)
|| №157, p84/85
|Games World (UK)
|| №6, p13
|Mean Machines Sega (UK)
|| №26, p112/113
|Player One (FR)
|| №48, p154
|Sega Pro (UK)
|| №39, p60/61
| Based on|
| Mega Drive, EU
ROM dump status
|| Build Date
|| Cartridge (EU)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 File:MeanMachinesSega26UK.pdf, page 112
- ↑ File:CVG UK 157.pdf, page 84