Seaman, called Seaman: Kindan no Pet (シーマン 〜禁断のペット〜) in Japan, is a video game developed by Vivarium for the Sega Dreamcast in 1999. It debuted with the Dreamcast Microphone, which was bundled with the game. The game was not released in Europe (plans were once in place to release it there in 2001), though the Microphone accessory was (Planet Ring being the only game released in that region to be compatible with the peripheral). The game was later ported to the PlayStation 2 in 2001.
Japanese consumers also had an option to buy a "Special Package" bundle, which as well as including the game and microphone, also included a clear VMU (as the game requires one to function).
Seaman's face is that of Yoot Saito, the leading man behind Vivarium.
Upon release, Seaman became the best-selling Dreamcast game in Japan, beating Sonic Adventure and SoulCalibur.
Sequels/updates Christmas Seaman and Seaman 2001 were released in Japan, and the game was also followed by a PlayStation 2 sequel, Seaman 2.
- Main article: Seaman/Magazine articles.
Print advert in Electronic Gaming Monthly
(US) #132: "July 2000" (2000-06-06)
also published in:
- GamePro (US) #143: "August 2000" (2000-xx-xx)
- Electronic Gaming Monthly (US) #134: "September 2000" (2000-08-08)
Print advert in Weekly Famitsu
(JP) #555: "1999-08-06" (1999-07-23)
also published in:
|Sega Retro Average
|| №16, p80/81
|Dreamcast Magazine (JP)
|| №1999-24, p19
|Dreamcast Magazine (readers) (JP)
|| №, p34
|| №89, p103
|Weekly Famitsu (JP)
|| №555, p30
| Based on|
| Dreamcast, JP (Special Package)
- Sega of Japan catalogue pages (Japanese): Dreamcast
- ↑ File:EGM US 131.pdf, page 30
- ↑ File:GamePro US 143.pdf, page 40
- ↑ File:EGM US 134.pdf, page 136
- ↑ File:DCM_JP_19990806_1999-24.pdf, page 74
- ↑ File:DCUK 16.pdf, page 80
- ↑ File:DCM_JP_19990806_1999-24.pdf, page 19
- ↑ File:Dorimaga_20021011_JP.pdf, page 34
- ↑ File:Edge UK 089.pdf, page 103