| Fast Facts on the Sega Lindbergh
Made by: Sega
Variants: Yellow, Silver, Red, Red EX, Blue
The Sega Lindbergh is an arcade platform based upon a Linux-embedded PC. Sega had originally planned to use the Microsoft's Xbox 360 as the basis for the arcade board, but instead opted for an architecture based on standard PC hardware. This decision was probably made because it is usually more cost effective to use a PC as a gaming platform than it is to use a console.
According to Sega-AM2 president Hiroshi Kataoka, porting Lindbergh titles (such as Virtua Fighter 5) to Sony's PlayStation 3 is generally easier than porting to Xbox 360, because the Lindbergh and PS3 use a GPU designed by the same company, nVidia.
There are five variants of Lindbergh, each designated by color:
- Lindbergh Yellow: standard
- Lindbergh Silver: Satellite Terminal
- Lindbergh Red: lower-end CPU and GPU (specifics unknown; TODO)
- Lindbergh Red EX: Red with twice as much RAM
- Lindbergh Blue: Red but runs Windows instead of Linux
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.0G HT (800Mhz FSB - 1MB L2 Cache)
- GFX: NVIDIA GeForce 6 Series GPU
- GFX memory: 256MB (256 bit GDDR3)
- OS: Montvista Linux
- GFX capabilities: Vertex Shader 3.0, Pixel Shader 3.0
- Audio: 3D audio synthesizer chip onboard, possible to have 64 sounds playing simultaneously, 5.1 surround output.
- Video output: One analog D-Sub, two digital DVI outputs.
- Display: Single or dual monitor support. Can output the same picture to each monitor or different pictures on each monitor, the resolution for each of the 2 monitors can also be different.
- Sound output: The two front speakers have RCA connectors, SPDIF for full surround.
- Resolution: HDTV (High Definition)
- RAM: 1024MB 184pin DDR SD-RAM PC3200 (2x 512MB DDR 400 sticks)
- LAN: 10/100/1000 TBase Gigabit Network
- Other: DVD Drive Support, USB2.0 (x4) - Sega ALL.NET online support.
- Connector format: JVS
- Protection: High Spec original security module.
Main system (Up Left view)
Lindbergh Red EX
List of Games
Lindbergh Games (Unsorted, TODO)
Lindbergh Yellow Games
Lindbergh Red Games
Lindbergh Blue Games