Sega System 18
|Fast Facts on the Sega System 18|
Made by: Sega
The Sega System 18 is an arcade system board released by Sega in 1989. The System 18 is primarily a soup-ed System 16, offering superior sound, more tile laters and extra graphics options.
System 18 boards had a very short run of games but most adhere to JAMMA standard, unlike previous systems. Most of these games also have the "suicide battery" as associated with Sega's System 16 hardware.
- Main CPU: Motorola 68000 @ 10 MHz
- Sound CPU: Zilog Z80 @ 8 MHz
- Sound chip: 2 x Yamaha YM3438 @ 8 MHz + Ricoh RF5c68 @ 10 MHz (8 Channel PCM chip, remarked as Sega Custom 315)
- Display resolution: 320 x 224
- Colors: 4096
- Board composition: Main board + ROM board
- Graphical capabilities: 128 sprites on screen at one time, 4 tile layers, 1 text layer, 1 sprite layer with hardware sprite zooming, translucent shadows
List of Games
- Alien Storm
- Bloxeed (1989 — Japan only; all regions would see it on System C)
- Clutch Hitter
- D. D. Crew
- Desert Breaker
- Laser Ghost
- Michael Jackson's Moonwalker
- Shadow Dancer
- Where's Wally!