Golden Center Game Corner
From Sega Retro
|Golden Center Game Corner|
|Location: Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan|
|Google maps: 35.4497172,139.6310175|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
The Golden Center Game Corner, was a 1500m² arcade opened by Sega Enterprises on May 11, 1968 on the seventh floor of the Sakuragichō Golden Center (桜木町ゴールデンセンター), currently Sakuragichō Pio City (桜木町ぴおシティ), a shopping center located in the city of Yokohama, Japan, next to Sakuragichō Station.
Opened on the same day of Sakuragichō Golden Center's inauguration, the arcade contained more than 140 games and several other amusement pieces manufactured both by Sega Enterprises and the major American firms that the company represented in Japan at the time such as Rock-Ola, Williams, Bally, Midway, Chicago Coin, etc.
The seven million dollar building, whose façade was originally golden (hence the name Sakuragichō Golden Center), also housed two wedding halls and five types of foreign restaurants.
- Main article: Golden Center Game Corner/Magazine articles.
Sakuragichō Pio City in downtown Yokohama, as seen in 2010
- http://www.piocity.com/office/office.html (Wayback Machine: 2004-06-09 12:09)
- Billboard, "July 6, 1968" (US; 1968-07-06), page 44
- Cash Box, "July 6, 1968" (US; 1968-07-06), page 45
- https://blog.goo.ne.jp/chuka-champ/e/67d835bff62134a69ce9912159abb30e (archive.today)
- http://www.piocity.com/pio.html (Wayback Machine: 2020-02-24 02:50)
- https://touyoko-ensen.com/mini‐info/cook/ht-txt/518hotline-18.html (archive.today)
- https://cary.at.webry.info/201002/article_9.html (archive.today)
- https://hamarepo.com/story.php?page_no=1&story_id=5217 (archive.today)
- https://www.boy.co.jp/konjyac/index.html#sakuragi-cho-piocity_yokohama-sisi_1 (Wayback Machine: 2017-04-10 07:54)
- https://konjaku-photo.com/?p_mode=view&p_photo=5325 (Wayback Machine: 2021-06-12 09:02)
- http://www.wasabi.ne.jp/~ikkoh/blog/?p=659 (Wayback Machine: 2021-09-29 20:10)