From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Last release date: 2001-04-19 (22 years ago)|
|Last version: 0.06a|
Megasis is a Sega Mega Drive emulator for Windows, written by Japanese developers J.T. and BORI. Megasis supports most standard features such as gamepad support, save state support and a slight form of graphical acceleration by allowing Surface Memory to be placed on and drawn from the video card.
The emulation is rather good. The sound support was better than most of the emulators of the time. The emulator is also one of the few Mega Drive emulators to support overclocking the Mega Drive, effectively getting rid of lag in certain games, or even underclocking, slowing down games.
File: Megasis v0.06a.7z (122 kB) (info)
Current version: 0.06a
- Megasis versions 0.01-0.06 (info) (391 kB)
- Megasis version 0.01 (1998-11-11)
- Megasis version 0.02 (1998-12-25)
- Megasis version 0.03 (1999-04-09)
- Megasis version 0.04 (1999-06-05)
- Megasis version 0.05 (2000-04-27)
- Megasis version 0.06 (2001-04-18)