From Sega Retro
|Date of birth: 1962|
|Date of death: 2000-10-17 (age 37-38)|
|Company(ies): Surf Trip, Inc.|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
After patenting, a tire-changing tool at the age of 18, he burst into the toy business with the invention of a velcro-coated foam football and glove a few years later in 1985 whose rights he sold for a good amout of money to Los Angeles-based company Astro Timer, Inc., who subsequently licensed it to Carson-based toy company Wham-O Inc. which sold it in the United States under the brand name "Sure Catch".
Sometime later, Ric moved to Manhattan Beach, California with his wife Ana Green (neé Montoya), and invested some of the money in the creation of a surfing board game called Surf Trip, illustrated by American artist Cam de Leon, that he self-published in 1988 under the business name of Surf Trip, Inc., whose mascot, a blond, mop-topped and very laid-back surfer called Greendog, a caricature of Ric Green's himself when younger, served as the basis and inspiration for Sega Mega Drive video game Greendog: The Beached Surfer Dude!.
- Article about Ric Green's Surf Trip The Board Game in Orange Coast Magazine, Volume 15, issue #7 (May 1989)
- Interview (2007-02-09) with Cam de Leon at www.myartspace.com (archived)
- Interview (2010-03) with Cam de Leon at www.salival.fr (archived)
- www.happypencil.com (Cam de Leon's official website)
- Discussion at eyzmaster.blogspot.com (archived)
- Sega Visions, "June/July 1993" (US; 1993-xx-xx), page 83
- File:SurfTripInc Registration 1988-06-14 (California Secretary of State).pdf
- http://assignments.uspto.gov/assignments/q?db=tm&sno=73585341 (archive.today)
- File:Astro Timer, Inc. Registration 1985-01-16 (California Secretary of State).pdf
- File:Trademark Sure Catch Reg Nº 1462960 1987-10-27 (United States Patent and Trademark Office).pdf
- File:Trademark Surf Trip Reg Nº 1558214 1989-09-26 (United States Patent and Trademark Office).pdf
- File:TheOrangeCountyRegister US 1989-04-10 page 55.png
- Press Release: 1989-09-21: RETAILING : Every Dog Has His Day, and Star of Surfer Board Game Is No Exception
- https://i.ibb.co/h2mjjrS/53870696-2021991671438060-5926669708217267020-n.jpg (archive.today)
- https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/surf-trip-board-game-1988-artwork-cam-1831285370 (archive.today)
- https://books.google.pt/books/content?id=BGEEAAAAMBAJ&hl=pt-PT&pg=PA32&img=1&zoom=3&sig=ACfU3U39G70gpQPVaKnG54B7ZyG590JzYg&w=1280 (archive.today)