From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Saturn|
|Developer: NEON Software Microcabin|
|Sound driver: SCSP/CD-DA (13 tracks)|
|Peripherals supported: Saturn Backup Memory|
|Number of players: 1|
|Official in-game languages: |
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Tunnel B1, later released as 3D Mission Shooting: Finalist (３Ｄミッション・シューティング ファイナリスト) in Japan, is a sci-fi first person shooter developed by NEON Software and published by Ocean in 1996 for the Sega Saturn, Sony PlayStation and DOS comptuers. It features a soundtrack by Chris Hülsbeck of Turrican fame.
The game has the player navigate tunnels in a hovercraft destroying enemies.
Tunnel B1 and another project by Neon Software, Viper, were originally conceived as being two parts of the same game, before publishers Ocean Software decided otherwise. The two games run on the same core engine.
|Language||Localised Name||English Translation|
|English||Tunnel B1||Tunnel B1|
|English (US)||Tunnel B1||Tunnel B1|
|Japanese||３Ｄミッション・シューティング ファイナリスト||3D Mission Shooting: Finalist|
- Main article: Tunnel B1/Magazine articles.
- Main article: Tunnel B1/Promotional material.
|Sega Retro Average|
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
ROM dump status
|413,702,688||CD-ROM (EU)||T-16414H-50 V1.000|
|413,850,864||1997-06-19||CD-ROM (JP)||T-18511G V1.000|
- Press release: 1996-11-19: Acclaim Launches Explosive International Best Seller--TUNNEL B1
- ', "" (; ), page 58
- Computer & Video Games, "November 1996" (UK; 1996-10-09), page 48
- Computer & Video Games, "November 1996" (UK; 1996-10-09), page 30
- Computer & Video Games, "November 1996" (UK; 1996-10-09), page 32
- Computer & Video Games, "November 1996" (UK; 1996-10-09), page 62/63 (62)
- Computer & Video Games, "November 1996" (UK; 1996-10-09), page 58-60 (58)
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "January 1997" (UK; 1996-12-17), page 84/85 (84)
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "1997-30 (1997-09-05)" (JP; 1997-08-22), page 214 (218)