From Sega Retro
|This file or page has been flagged for relocation to Retro CDN, the Wikimedia Commons-esque service for all Retro wikis. This message is for the benefit of Sega Retro wiki staff.|
VisualBoyAdvance (VBA) is a free software emulator distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License. It emulates software targeted for the Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance handheld game consoles sold by Nintendo. VBA is (as of 2006) the most popular such emulator for Win32. VBA and gnuboy are the most widely distributed Game Boy-compatible emulators.
Latest Beta Release: 1.8.0 beta 3
The VisualBoyAdvance project was started by Forgotten, but was discontinued by him and the project was overtaken by a team now referred to as the VBA Team.
VBA includes a wide range of features compared to other Game Boy Advance emulators.
- VisualBoyAdvance Homepage
- VBA-M continues development of VBA and aggregates features from various forks of VBA into one version.
- VBALink features multiplayer link cable support and 4-player LAN connection added to VBA emu.
- VBA with re-recording facilitates the creation of tool-assisted speedruns.
- VisualBoyAdvanceED has enhanced debugging capabilities.
- kode54's VBA (dead link) features a new LCD color mode, and a new audio interpolation algorithim, among other things.
- Spacy's VBA features hq2/3/4x interpolation, among other things.