From Sega Retro
- This article is about the Sega Mega Drive emulator. For licensed Sega distributor in Poland, see AGES (distributor).
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive, Mega-CD, 32X, Master System, Game Gear|
|Developer: Jeffrey "Quinntesson" Quinn|
|Programmed in: Assembly, C++|
|Last release date: 2002-11-18 (20 years ago)|
|Last version: 0.30a|
AGES, also known as WinAGES, is a Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, Sega Mega-CD, 32X, Master System and Game Gear emulator for Windows written by Jeffrey "Quinntesson" Quinn. Development of a DOS version started in August 1997, being ported to Windows in the summer of 1998, with public versions released between 2000 and 2002.
- Emulation of the Sega Mega Mouse, the Sega Teamplayer Multitap, the Electronic Arts 4 Way Play, the Sega Menacer, and the Konami Justifier
- Menus, dialog boxes, and error messages are fully translatable into other languages
- IPS patch loading
- GoodGen.DLL, Good32X.DLL, GoodSMS.DLL, and GoodGG.DLL support
- Genesis Collective Offline Database support
- Wave dumping
- Demo file record and playback
- Serial EEPROM support
- Game Genie and .PAT file support
- Game specific INI for tweaking
- Automatic IPS patch file load (per-game basis)
- YM2612 LFO, RS, DT, SSGEG, FB, stereo control
- 32X/Genesis layering mode 3
File: Ages030a.7z (175 kB) (info)
Current version: 0.30a (2002/11/18)
- AGES versions 0.17c-0.30a (info) (1.04 MB)
- Versions 0.23a & 0.23b are flagged as viruses by Avast, but are still included.
- Versions 0.18a and 0.18b are missing.
- Official website (archive)
- http://ages.emuunlim.com:80/faq.html (Wayback Machine: 2000-06-22 16:32)
- http://ages.emuunlim.com:80/history.html (Wayback Machine: 2000-06-22 19:44)
- http://www.emucamp.com/frames.html?/iviews/ages.htm (Wayback Machine: 2000-05-29 23:27)