From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Dreamcast|
|Peripherals supported: Visual Memory Unit|
|Genre: Action RPG|
|Number of players: 1|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Armada is a North American-exclusive Sega Dreamcast game. It is a multi-directional shoot 'em up with RPG-style progression.
Armada was slated for release in Europe by Acclaim, though this version was cancelled due to a negative reception from the gaming press. The North American version was itself delayed, having originally been planned as a launch title for the system.
After ten thousand years of space exploration, mankind has evolved and adapted to the conditions of different worlds, diverging into various subspecies. However, a biomechanical hostile alien species known simply as the Armada has attacked Earth. Seeing their ancestral world in danger, six of the tribes reunited to form the Allied Command and fight the aggressors.
- Main article: Armada/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
- File:Armada DC US Box Back.jpg
- GamePro, "February 2000" (US; 2000-xx-xx), page 114
- Official Dreamcast Magazine, "August 2000" (UK; 2000-07-06), page 27
- Dreamcast Magazine, "No. 5" (UK; 2000-01-27), page 64
- Electronic Gaming Monthly, "February 2000" (US; 2000-01-11), page 173
- Revista Oficial Dreamcast, "Marzo 2000" (ES; 2000-0x-xx), page 60