Brett Hull Hockey
From Sega Retro
|Brett Hull Hockey|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Developer: Radical Entertainment|
|Planned release date: 1993/1994; 1993-12 ; 1994-04|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Brett Hull Hockey is an ice hockey game endorsed by Brett Hull and published by Accolade for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System in 1994. A Sega Mega Drive version was advertised, but was cancelled for unknown reasons.
On the SNES, Brett Hull Hockey makes use of the console's "mode 7" graphics mode, to create a more dynamic perspective of play than those used in other ice hockey games of the era. It is possible that the developers had trouble simulating this feature on the Mega Drive - a sequel, Brett Hull Hockey 95 builds on this game, however while the SNES version of 95 uses the same mode 7 engine, the Mega Drive version opts for an isometric viewpoint, making it effectively a different game.
Had it been released, the Mega Drive Brett Hull Hockey would have debuted around the same period as the SNES version, i.e. late 1993 or early 1994.
- Main article: Brett Hull Hockey/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
- MAN!AC, "11/93" (DE; 1993-xx-xx), page 12
- Computer & Video Games, "April 1994" (UK; 1994-03-15), page 100
- Tricks 16 bit, "Tricks Sega Gold 800 igr" (RU; 1998-xx-xx), page 29
- Electronic Gaming Monthly, "November 1993" (US; 1993-xx-xx), page 257
- Game Players, "Vol. 6 No. 12 December 1993" (US; 1993-xx-xx), page 169
- Electronic Gaming Monthly, "June 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 121
- Sega Visions, "February/March 1994" (US; 199x-xx-xx), page 121