From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Master System|
|Developer: Sanritsu, Opera House|
|Number of players: 1-2|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Double Hawk is a third-person shooting game for the Sega Master System. It follows the story of John and Jack, two commandos (who for reason don't wear anything above their waists) attempt to bring down a terrorist organization. Of the two, John has a striking resemblance to John Rambo, a character portrayed by Sylvester Stallone.
Double Hawk is a rail shooter game which plays very similar to arcade game Cabal. Players must use their crosshairs to eliminate waves of enemies until the enemy bar in the status screen dissappears. Players also supplied with grenades to attack enemies. Each stage is divided into several parts and a boss is waiting at the end of each stage.
Game has several power ups. "R" symbol gives you a rapid firing machinegun, while "S" symbol gives you a shotgun with a large crosshair. "B" symbol increases number of grenades you hold.
Game supports two-player co-op but with a somewhat unusual design: Whenever a player loses all of his/her lives, he/she starts using other player's lives, which leads to annoyance between players.
Names with a * are Opera House staff.
- Main article: Double Hawk/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
|Master System, PT|
ROM dump status
- File:DoubleHawk SMS EU Box NoR.jpg
- Raze, "September 1991" (UK; 1991-07-25), page 76
- Sega Power, "February 1991" (UK; 1991-01-03), page 12
- Console XS, "June/July 1992" (UK; 1992-04-23), page 139
- Micromanía (segunda época), "Noviembre 1990" (ES; 1990-1x-xx), page 58
- Sega Power, "October 1991" (UK; 1991-09-05), page 56
- Sega Pro, "December 1991" (UK; 1991-11-21), page 47
- Sega Pro, "April 1993" (UK; 1993-03-11), page 70