From Sega Retro
(Redirected from GRC)
|Headquarters: Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan|
Graphic Research (グラフィックリサーチ; went by GRC during the 1990s) was started in May 1982, incorporated on June 8, 1984, and went bankrupt on June 28, 2005. Yoshiaki Sawada (澤田芳明) was the CEO. They are best known in relation to Sega for their sound development on games created by VIC Tokai, though they primarily develop entire games (and have done so on Sega systems on a few occasions). Typically the Sega sound production would be done by Hiroto Kanno (菅野ひろと) and Fumito Tamayama (玉山文人).
Development company Seekz (シークス) is a splinter of GRC started on July 11, 2003, and headed up by former GRC senior managing director Yasushi Mizutani (水谷靖志).
- Psycho Fox (sound creation/composition) (1989)
- Psy-O-Blade (porting) (1990)
- Decap Attack (sound creation/composition) (1990)
- Twin Cobra: Desert Attack Helicopter (sound porting, likely also all porting) (1991)
- Trouble Shooter (sound creation/composition) (1991)
- Socket (sound creation/composition) (1993)
- Battle Mania Daiginjou (sound creation/composition) (1993)