From Sega Retro
|Headquarters: Lexington, Massachusetts, United States (former), Burlington, Massachusetts, United States|
Helixe, formerly known as Helixe Transcendental Games and Helixe Games, was an American video game developer and division of THQ, established to produce games for the Nintendo Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS.
Helixe was founded as Helixe Transcendental Games in July 2000 by Windows PC game developers Rafael Baptista and Kurt Bickenbach, who established three internal development divisions within the company to assist in various stages of game production.
On November 3, 2008, Helixe was formally closed as part of parent company THQ's wide series of layoffs. That same month (possibly that very day), former Helixe staff established a new game development company named DoubleTap Games.
- Official website (Wayback Machine)
- http://www.helixe.com/about.html (Wayback Machine: 2004-12-04 04:14)
- https://www.shacknews.com/article/55703/thq-closes-five-studios-updated (Wayback Machine: 2021-02-25 11:38)
- https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/thq-latest-to-suffer-lay-offs-across-multiple-studios (Wayback Machine: 2021-03-08 13:16)
- http://www.helixe.com/main.htm (Wayback Machine: 2001-03-09 19:58)
- http://www.helixe.com/contact.html (Wayback Machine: 2004-12-04 04:27)
- https://www.mobygames.com/company/helixe (Wayback Machine: 2021-09-14 08:49)
- https://zims-en.kiwix.campusafrica.gos.orange.com/wikipedia_en_all_nopic/A/DoubleTap_Games (Wayback Machine: 2021-09-14 08:14)
- https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/axed-helixe-studio-founds-doubletap-games (Wayback Machine: 2021-01-15 03:18)
- http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/04/doubletap-games-formed-aimed-at-ds/ (Wayback Machine: 2009-02-05 12:26)
- https://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=22142 (Wayback Machine: 2021-07-13 12:06)