From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Dreamcast|
|Publisher: NEC Interchannel|
|Peripherals supported: Dreamcast VGA Box, Visual Memory Unit|
|Number of players: 1|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Kanon (カノン) is a visual novel for the Sega Dreamcast released exclusively in Japan. It was the first game developed by prominent visual novel studio Key, originally appearing on PC in 1999 as an eroge, with a general audience edition following in January 2000. The Dreamcast version is based on this all-ages edition (which means no explicit content is present) and introduced full voice acting that would be retained for the Sony PlayStation 2 version.
- Main article: Kanon/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
- Sega of Japan catalogue pages (Japanese): Dreamcast
- Sega.com Asia webpage: Dreamcast
- Sega.com Asia webpage (Chinese): Dreamcast
- File:Kanon DC JP Box Back.jpg
- http://sega.jp/dc/000905/ (Wayback Machine: 2014-08-05 19:23)
- https://sega.jp/history/hard/dreamcast/software_l.html#tab01 (Wayback Machine: 2020-02-01 22:57)
- Dreamcast Magazine, "2000-30 extra (2000-09-29ex)" (JP; 2000-09-15), page 20
- Dorimaga, "2002-18 (2002-10-11)" (JP; 2002-09-27), page 32
- Famitsu, "2000-09-22" (JP; 2000-09-08), page 33