From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega NAOMI GD-ROM, Sega Dreamcast|
|Publisher: Milestone Inc.|
|Developer: Milestone Inc.|
|Peripherals supported: Dreamcast Arcade Stick, Jump Pack, Visual Memory Unit, Dreamcast VGA Box|
|Genre: Vertical Scroll Shooting/Tate Scroll Shooting (縦スクロールシューティング), Shooting|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Karous (カラス) is a vertically scrolling shoot-'em-up developed and published by Milestone Inc.. It was originally released on November 15, 2006 for the Sega NAOMI GD-ROM arcade platform, and was ported to the Sega Dreamcast. Upon its Japan-only launch on March 8, 2007, Karous became the last game to be officially released on the Dreamcast.
The game bears stylistic similarities to Milestone's previous Dreamcast release Radirgy, as they both use cel-shaded graphics and are of the same genre.
The game was later ported to the Wii as Karous Wii (カラスWii), then released internationally in a compilation with other Milestone games (UFO's "Ultimate Shooting Collection").
- Main article: Karous/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
- File:Karous dc jp cover.jpg
- http://sega.jp/dc/070301/ (Wayback Machine: 2007-02-06 19:33)
- https://sega.jp/history/hard/dreamcast/software_l.html#tab02 (Wayback Machine: 2020-02-01 22:57)
- Edge, "May 2007" (UK; 2007-04-12), page 92
- Famitsu, "2007-03-16" (JP; 2007-03-02), page 1