Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth
From Sega Retro
|Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth|
|System(s): Nintendo 3DS|
|Publisher: Atlus (US, Japan), Deep Silver (Europe)|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth (ペルソナQ2 ニュー シネマ ラビリンズ) is a role-playing game developed by Atlus for the Nintendo 3DS and a sequel to Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth. It is a crossover game between Persona 3, Persona 4, and Persona 5.
The Persona users of Persona 3 and Persona 4 are not in the story nor available to use in battle at the start of the game. Each of these groups will be be present at the same time, crossing over in the same story later on in the game. The Persona 4 protagonist and characters will appear before the Persona 3 protagonists and characters. The female protagonist of Persona 3 Portable will join early on in the game and will be significantly involved in the story. Unlike in Persona Q, or any Persona game for that matter, a protagonist character will not be required in battle unless in the hardest difficulty. The original characters for Persona Q2 will have a different role from participating in battle, namely Hikari having a support role instead of an active battle role along with Nagi and Doe eventually becoming enemies of the party.
Unlike in Persona 4 Golden or Persona 5, if a player has never played the Q series or any game in the Persona series before, it is advised to choose the Safety or Easy difficulty, as Normal is proven to be too difficult by many players.
A mechanic originally in Persona Q is being brought back, which involves no protagonist having the power of the Wild Card because of the distortion of the new world; rather all party members will be able to be equipped with a second persona (Sub-Personas), which can be summoned in battle.
Because the game’s story is centered on the protagonists of Persona 5, the battle background music is P5 themed at the beginning. However, as members of Persona 3 and Persona 4 join the party, the variations in music will change.
Unlike in Persona 5 where Shadows appear like their Persona counterparts, they appear as Arcana Shadows in this game.
During battle, certain characters can initiate a Unison attack, which seems similar to a mechanic in Persona 4 Golden where certain characters can perform a follow up attack after an All-Out Attack.
- Main article: Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth/Downloadable content.
- Main article: Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth/Magazine articles.
|Nintendo 3DS, BX†|
ROM dump status
- https://www.nintendo.co.jp/titles/50010000045297 (Wayback Machine: 2019-02-14 12:50)
- http://ebten.jp:80/atlus/p/7015018081301 (Wayback Machine: 2018-08-23 13:08)
- https://www.famitsu.com/news/201808/15162448.html (Wayback Machine: 2019-02-24 23:06)
- https://www.nintendo.co.jp/titles/50010000045297 (archive.today)
- https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/persona-q2-new-cinema-labyrinth-3ds/ (Wayback Machine: 2019-08-03 00:31)
- https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Persona-Q2-New-Cinema-Labyrinth-1568093.html (archive.today)
- https://www.nintendo.fr/Jeux/Nintendo-3DS/Persona-Q2-New-Cinema-Labyrinth-1568093.html (archive.today)
- https://www.nintendo.es/Juegos/Nintendo-3DS/Persona-Q2-New-Cinema-Labyrinth-1568093.html (archive.today)
- https://www.nintendo.it/Giochi/Nintendo-3DS/Persona-Q2-New-Cinema-Labyrinth-1568093.html (archive.today)
- https://www.nintendo.de/Spiele/Nintendo-3DS/Persona-Q2-New-Cinema-Labyrinth-1568093.html (archive.today)
- https://www.nintendo.nl/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Persona-Q2-New-Cinema-Labyrinth-1568093.html (archive.today)
- https://ntdeals.net/au-store/game/4539/persona-q2-new-cinema-labyrinth (Wayback Machine: 2022-06-04 03:36)