Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
From Sega Retro
|Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth|
|System(s): Nintendo 3DS|
|Publisher: Atlus (Japan, US), NIS America (Europe), Nintendo (South Korea)|
|Developer: P Studio, Atlus|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (ペルソナQ シャドウ オブ ザ ラビリンス) is a role-playing game developed by P Studio and Atlus, who also published the game in the US and Japan. In Europe and Australia the game was published by NIS America, while Nintendo handled the release in South Korea.
The gameplay of this title is deeply grounded in its Etrian Odyssey roots: Players explore a seemingly endless labyrinth in a first person perspective and battle Shadows in a turn-based fashion similar to Persona 3 and Persona 4. Players can compose teams of five from the twenty playable characters and dialogue will change according to the party's composition. The new characters Zen and Rei will function as a singular unit, with Rei focusing on healing skills and Zen using physical attacks. The twenty playable characters do not include support characters like Fuuka Yamagishi and Rise Kujikawa, who can be picked for the role and have support skills of their own. Party members and support characters can be swapped out as needed during the game. Unlike their originating games, the game will not end when either protagonist loses all their health, unless the player is playing on the Risky difficulty.
Persona Q gives players the choice to control either the protagonist from Persona 3 or the protagonist from Persona 4 at the start of the game. The dialogue and events will vary depending on the player's choices to follow either Persona 3's SEES or Persona 4's Investigation Team.
Unlike the previous games, all party members are able to use a variety of Sub-Personas, which are explained in the story as having to do with the meeting of the two protagonists. These Sub-Personas can be assigned to other characters and can be obtained as rewards for winning battles. The Sub-Persona system is designed to allow players to use characters they like even if they share similar focuses by giving players the option to diversify their skill sets. By equipping Sub-Personas, players are able to boost the stats of their team.
Like Etrian Odyssey, players must make their own maps in Persona Q. Certain chests are unlocked by mapping out a dungeon's floor and stepping on every tile, although those chests can also be unlocked by spending 3DS Play Coins at a rate of 3 play coins for every percentage point left unexplored. If the player choses to spend Play Coins to open a Map Chest, they must be spent again on the next cycle if the player still has not completed that map.
|Title and description||Links||Releases|
Navigation Voice Nanako
Navigation Voice Marie
Navigation Voice Theodore
Navigation Voice Elizabeth
Navigation Voice Margaret
Sub-Persona Magastu Izanagi
Sub-Persona Orpheus Telos
- Main article: Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth/Magazine articles.
ROM dump status
- Official website
- Official website (Japanese)
- Nintendo catalogue pages: JP, US, UK, UK (Premium Edition), KR
- https://www.nintendo.co.jp/titles/50010000021134 (Wayback Machine: 2019-08-03 22:00)
- https://www.nintendo.co.jp/titles/50010000021134 (archive.today)
- https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/persona-q-shadow-of-the-labyrinth-3ds/ (Wayback Machine: 2019-08-03 21:56)
- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KVRK39A (Wayback Machine: 2016-06-05 00:30)
- https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Persona-Q-Shadow-of-the-Labyrinth-936912.html (archive.today)
- https://www.nintendo.fr/Jeux/Nintendo-3DS/Persona-Q-Shadow-of-the-Labyrinth-936912.html (archive.today)
- https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-3ds-games/persona-q-shadow-of-the-labyrinth-the-wild-cards-premium-edition/11042908.html (archive.today)
- https://www.nintendo.de/Spiele/Nintendo-3DS/Persona-Q-Shadow-of-the-Labyrinth-936912.html (archive.today)
- https://www.nintendo.es/Juegos/Nintendo-3DS/Persona-Q-Shadow-of-the-Labyrinth-936912.html (archive.today)
- https://www.nintendo.it/Giochi/Nintendo-3DS/Persona-Q-Shadow-of-the-Labyrinth-936912.html (archive.today)
- http://www.nintendo.co.kr:80/3DS/software/personaq/index.html (Wayback Machine: 2018-10-28 17:43)
- https://www.atlus.com/personaq/img/special/dlc09_img04.png (Wayback Machine: 2019-08-18 19:29)
- http://p-ch.jp/news/482/ (Wayback Machine: 2019-08-18 20:14)
- http://p-atlus.jp/pq/special/dlc09.html (Wayback Machine: 2014-07-12 02:13)
- https://www.atlus.com/personaq/img/special/dlc08_img04.png (Wayback Machine: 2019-08-18 19:30)
- http://p-atlus.jp/pq/special/dlc08.html (Wayback Machine: 2014-07-13 03:21)
- https://www.atlus.com/personaq/img/special/dlc07_img04.png (Wayback Machine: 2019-08-18 19:31)
- http://p-ch.jp/news/475/ (Wayback Machine: 2019-08-18 20:12)
- http://p-atlus.jp/pq/special/dlc07.html (Wayback Machine: 2014-06-29 05:03)
- https://www.atlus.com/personaq/img/special/dlc06_img04.png (Wayback Machine: 2019-08-18 19:32)
- http://p-atlus.jp/pq/special/dlc06.html (Wayback Machine: 2014-06-29 05:11)
- https://www.atlus.com/personaq/img/special/dlc05_img04.png (Wayback Machine: 2019-08-18 19:32)
- http://p-atlus.jp/pq/special/dlc05.html (Wayback Machine: 2014-06-29 05:11)
- https://www.atlus.com/personaq/img/special/dlc04_img01.png (Wayback Machine: 2019-08-18 19:34)
- http://p-ch.jp/news/470 (Wayback Machine: 2018-10-25 08:13)
- http://p-atlus.jp/pq/special/dlc04.html (Wayback Machine: 2014-06-27 08:26)
- https://www.atlus.com/personaq/img/special/dlc03_img01.png (Wayback Machine: 2019-08-18 19:34)
- http://p-atlus.jp/pq/special/dlc03.html (Wayback Machine: 2014-06-27 08:47)
- https://www.atlus.com/personaq/img/special/dlc02_img01.png (Wayback Machine: 2019-08-18 19:35)
- http://p-atlus.jp/pq/special/dlc02.html (Wayback Machine: 2014-06-08 00:59)
- https://www.atlus.com/personaq/img/special/dlc01_img01.png (Wayback Machine: 2019-08-18 19:36)
- http://p-atlus.jp/pq/special/dlc01.html (Wayback Machine: 2014-06-08 00:30)