From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive, Mega-CD, 32X|
|OS: Pocket PC, Symbian OS, UIQ, GP2X, Gizmondo, Pandora, PlayStation Portable, RISC OS|
|Developer: Dave, notaz; Neil Davis (Symbian OS); Adrian Lees, Jeffrey Lee (RISC OS)|
|Programmed in: Assembly (ARM); C (Windows, PlayStation Portable)|
|Last release date: 2013-10-12 (9 years ago)|
|Last version: 1.91 (Pandora); 1.56 (GP2X)|
|This article needs to be rewritten.|
This article needs to be rewritten to conform to a higher standard of article quality. After the article has been rewritten, you may remove this message. For help, see the How to Edit a Page article.
PicoDrive is a Sega Mega Drive emulator programmed by Dave (author of DGen), and later notaz. It originally started as a Mega Drive emulator for ARM-based Pocket PC devices, and used the Cyclone 68000 CPU core which was written in ARM assembly. After version 0.030 the project was taken over by notaz and ported to UIQ smartphones, GP2X, Gizmondo and Pandora. The source code was also rewritten in C, allowing for ports to Windows and PlayStation Portable.
The first Windows version of PicoDrive (1.40) was created to test SVP emulation. In February 2008, the ROMs for several Sega Pico prototypes were made available, enabling development on a Pico emulator to begin. Another version (1.45) of PicoDrive for Windows was released, which was able to run Pico games. While SVP emulation was added to the main PicoDrive, Pico emulation was not.
- Pandora: Versions 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.1680, 22.214.171.1249, 1.80 beta 2, 1.80 beta 1. (info) (3.57 MB)
- GP2X: Versions 0.94, 0.95, 0.06, 0.964, 1.10, 1.14, 1.20, 1.30, 1.31, 1.32, 1.33, 1.34, 1.35, 1.40, 1.40c, 1.50, 1.51, 1.55, plus source code for 0.964, 1.33, 1.35. (info) (4.8 MB)
- UIQ2/UIQ3: Versions 0.301, 0.70, 0.93, 0.964, 1.51, plus source code for 0.70. (info) (1.03 MB)
- Gizmondo: Versions 1.34, 1.51b (info) (439 kB)
- PlayStation Portable: Versions 1.35, 1.35 kxploit, 1.35b, 1.35b kxploit, 1.40b, 1.40b kxploit, 1.51a, 1.51a kxploit, 1.51b, 1.51b kxploit. (info) (1.95 MB)
- Pocket PC: Versions 0.025, 0.030, plus source code for 0.030. (info) (327 kB)
- Versions 0.024 and earlier are missing.
- Symbian Series 80 and Series 90: Versions 0.5, 0.43, 0.41, 0.4, 0.3, 0.2. (info) (324 kB)
- RISC OS: Versions 0.10, 0.11, plus source code for 0.10, 0.11. (info) (761 kB)
- Original website (archive)
- How to compile source (version 0.30) (archive)
- Official website
- PicoDrive on OpenPandora
- PicoDrive for Symbian Series 80 and Series 90 website (archive)
- PicoDrive for RISC OS website
- http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=package.picodrive.notaz (Wayback Machine: 2017-08-20 23:50)