From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Saturn|
|Publisher: Ocean Software, Coconuts Japan|
|Developer: Team 17|
|Planned release date(s): 1996-11-29, 1997-01, 1997-02-14, 1997-06-27, 1998-06-04|
|Number of players: 1-2|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Project X2, known as X2: No Relief in Europe, is a side-scrolling space ship shoot-'em-up game released in 1997 for the PlayStation. It is the sequel to the 1992 Amiga game Project-X.
Plans were put in place at one stage to port the game to the Sega Saturn, though this version was cancelled for unknown reasons. In Japan, the game was initially announced for release by Capcom, as was the PlayStation version. However, around March 1998, it was changed to be released by Coconuts Japan on 1998-06-04, however this date came and went without a release materialising.
- Main article: Project X2/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
- Computer & Video Games, "December 1996" (UK; 1996-11-xx), page 49
- Mega Force, "Novembre/Décembre 1996" (FR; 1996-1x-xx), page 22
- Computer & Video Games, "March 1997" (UK; 1997-02-12), page 53
- Computer & Video Games, "June 1997" (UK; 1997-05-11), page 49
- Computer & Video Games, "February 1997" (UK; 1997-01-10), page 99
- Total Saturn, "Volume One Issue Five" (UK; 1997-01-20), page 26