From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Saturn|
|Publisher: Ocean Software, Coconuts Japan|
|Developer: Team 17|
|Planned release date: 1996-11-29, 1997-02-14, 1997-06-27, 1998-06-04 (JP)|
|Number of players: 1-2|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Project X2, known as X2: No Relief in Europe, is a side-scrolling space ship shoot-'em-up game released in 1997 for the PlayStation. It is the sequel to the 1992 Amiga game Project-X.
Plans were put in place at one stage to port the game to the Sega Saturn, though this version was cancelled for unknown reasons. It was given a 1998-06-04 release date for Japan and was set to be priced at ¥5,800, however this date came and went without a release materialising. Most likely the Saturn port was scrapped due to its fledgling state outside of Japan and the forthcoming Sega Dreamcast set for release just a few months down the line.
- Main article: Project X2/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
- Computer & Video Games, "December 1996" (UK; 1996-11-xx), page 49
- Computer & Video Games, "March 1997" (UK; 1997-02-12), page 53
- Computer & Video Games, "June 1997" (UK; 1997-05-11), page 49
- Computer & Video Games, "February 1997" (UK; 1997-01-10), page 99
- Total Saturn, "Volume One Issue Five" (UK; 1997-01-20), page 26