Space Invaders (1996)
From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Saturn|
|Original system(s): Arcade boards|
|Sound driver: SCSP/CD-DA (2 tracks)|
|Number of players: 1-2|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
The 1996 edition of Space Invaders (スペースインベーダー) is a shoot-'em-up game released for the Sega Saturn by Taito. Released exclusively in Japan, it contains four variations of the original Space Invaders arcade game, each with different overlays. Also included is a two player "battle" mode.
Space Invaders was later bundled with Puzzle Bobble 2X.
- Main article: Space Invaders (1996)/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
|58,487,184||1996-10-24||CD-ROM (JP)||T-1107G V1.001|
This game has extra content which can be viewed when accessing the disc on a PC.
|Folder / File||Type||Size||description|
|SI_ABS.TXT||TXT (Abstract)||327||About this game.|
|SI_BIB.TXT||TXT (Bibliographiced)||72||About original game|
- File:SpaceInvaders Saturn JP Box Back.jpg
- https://sega.jp/fb/segahard/ss/soft_licensee2.html (Wayback Machine: 2020-03-20 23:05)
- Famitsu, "1996-12-20" (JP; 1996-12-06), page 1
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "1996-21 (1996-12-13)" (JP; 1996-11-22), page 272
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "Readers rating final data" (JP; 2000-03), page 16
|Space Invaders games for Sega systems|
|Space Invaders (1985) | Space Invaders '90 (1990) | Super Space Invaders (1991) | Space Invaders (1996)|
|Space Invaders (Dreamcast) (unreleased)|
|Space Invaders VIC Dual Clones|
|Alpha Fighter (19??) | Invinco (1979) | Space Attack (1979) | Super Space Attack (1979)|