From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Master System, Mega-Tech|
| Licensor: |
Makoto Ogino, Shueisha
|Peripherals supported: FM Sound Unit|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Kujakuou (孔雀王) is an action game by Sega for the Sega Master System tying into Makoto Ogino and Shueisha's Kujakuou manga series. When released overseas, Sega renamed the game SpellCaster, and changed some graphics/names (e.g. the protagonist Kujaku was renamed Kane and given a different design). It would be followed by Kujakuou 2: Geneijou on the Sega Mega Drive.
Evil forces have been attacking temples, but no one knows who or why. Daikak, the head of Summit Temple, calls on a magician, Kane, to fight this evil.
Outside: jumps. shoots a ball of magic; hold for stronger attacks. There are a variety of magic spells you can perform: opens the menu to select a spell, returning to the game and holding then pressing Down casts it. There are also various items, weapons, and armor to obtain.
Within temples: You can do a variety of things within temples; the commands should be self-explanatory. Use "Move" to leave.
|Language||Localised Name||English Translation|
|Japanese||Kujakuou (孔雀王)||Peacock King|
- Director: Dragon Wang, Nanno Koreshiki
- Programmer: Sexy Dynamite, EP71 Turbo, Spanish Fly
- Designer: Nanno Koreshiki, Izumi Black 55, Alex Yoko, Phoenix Rie, Big Island, Illuminator
- Sound Composer: Sting Ogawa
- Cooperated Readers: Jin Yamaguchi, Kunihiko Yamazaki, Hideki Sakamoto, Yuki Omori, Fujiko Mitsui, Tokuichiro Kondo, Masanori Miura, Yoshio Suzuki, Keiji Uchida, Takashi Imamura, Yasuyuki Seki, Hiroyuki Sakai, Kazuhiro Kobayashi, Hidenobu Kobayashi, Mitsuki Kumagai
- Special thanks to: Makoto Ogino, Shueisha, Kazuhiko Arimoto
- Presented by: Sega
- Source: In-game credits (Kujakuou) 
- Source: In-game credits (SpellCaster) 
- Main article: SpellCaster/Magazine articles.
also published in:
- Computer & Video Games (UK) #98: "January 1990" (1989-12-16)
|Sega Retro Average|
| Based on|
|Master System, SE|
ROM dump status
- File:EGM US 003.pdf, page 56
- File:ACE UK 31.pdf, page 61
- File:CVG UK 097.pdf, page 36
- File:CVG UK 098.pdf, page 115
- File:CGtC UK 04.pdf, page 107
- File:Joystick FR 002.pdf, page 39
- File:StheSegaMagazine UK 07.pdf, page 12
- File:SegaPower UK 46.pdf, page 101
- File:SegaPro UK 06.pdf, page 29