From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Publisher: Mega Cat Studios|
|Developer: Mikael Tillander|
|Number of players: 1|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Tänzer (or Tanzer) is a game for the Sega Mega Drive developed by Mikael Tillander, which was successfully crowdfunded on Kickstarter (with SEK 145,505 pledged of its SEK 20,000 goal) for both physical and digital versions.
Physical copies for the Kickstarter backers were produced and shipped by Mega Cat Studios, who later started selling copies to the general public.
Tänzer can be best described as being a horizontally scrolling, full on action hack and slash platformer. The design influences is taken from games like Strider, Osman and Hagane to artists like Keita Amemiya and Roger Dean and to anime series such as Guyver.
Hack & Slash your way through 40+ levels of arcade brutality. From the Old West to Ancient Rome, challenge yourself through the fast-paced pixels Tanzer has to offer. Become the last survivor of an interstellar plague while you crush enemies, grab loot, and transform with transmutational powers.
|Mega Drive, World (Red)|
|Mega Drive, World (Blue)|
- Main article: Tänzer/Technical information.
ROM dump status
- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/835242565/tanzer-a-new-sega-mega-drive-genesis-exclusive-gam (Wayback Machine: 2018-05-28 10:56)
- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/835242565/tanzer-a-new-sega-mega-drive-genesis-exclusive-gam/posts/2299016 (archive.today)
- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/835242565/tanzer-a-new-sega-mega-drive-genesis-exclusive-gam/posts/2459149 (archive.today)
- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/835242565/tanzer-a-new-sega-mega-drive-genesis-exclusive-gam (Wayback Machine: 2020-09-06 19:51)
- https://megacatstudios.com/collections/16-bit/products/tanzer-sega-genesis?variant=16288987971618 (Wayback Machine: 2020-10-01 03:39)
- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/835242565/tanzer-a-new-sega-mega-drive-genesis-exclusive-gam/posts/2198263 (archive.today)