From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Saturn|
|Original system(s): Super Famicom|
|Publisher(s) of original games: Quest|
|Developer(s) of original games: Quest|
|Sound driver: SCSP/CD-DA (11 tracks)|
|Peripherals supported: Saturn Backup Memory|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Tactics Ogre (タクティクスオウガ) is a game in Quest's Ogre Battle series of strategy games. It was first released in 1995 on the Super Famicom before being ported to the Sega Saturn in 1996 — one month after a port of Densetsu no Ogre Battle was released. Neither of these versions were released outside Japan, however a PlayStation port would be brought overseas later.
The Saturn version of Tactics Ogre is very similar to the SNES version, though as 256x224 is not a supported video mode on Sega's console (unlike the PlayStation), the game appears "thinner" than its rivals and cutscenes are pillarboxed. There is, however, a wider view of the playfield and an enhanced soundtrack missing in the PlayStation conversion. It also has voiceovers for "important" cutscenes.
Also included in the Saturn version is an art gallery.
- Programming: Kazuhisa Mitani, Takuya Yanai, Kouichi Fujiwara
- Graphics: Satoshi Gotou
- Sound: Hiromi Imakyurei
- Sound Edit: Tomohiro Akaki
- Music Data & Effect Sequence: Hiroyuki Hamada (T's Music)
- Effect Data: Yoshiyuki Kadooka (T's Music)
- Casting coordinate: Radon'86
- Narration director: Junko Araki (Radon'86)
- Generalization: Kenji Uga (Q-Tec)
- Recording Engineer: Koji Aoyama (Q-Tec), Setsuo Yamai (Q-Tec)
- Voice actors: Nozomu Sasaki, Yumi Touma, Toshihiko Seki, Takehito Koyasu, Kazuhiko Inoue, Ken-Yu Horiuchi, Masaki Aizawa, Kazutoshi Naba, Kinryu Arimoto, Maya Okamoto, Shou Mayami, Fumihiko Tachiki, Yasuo Muramatsu, Run Sasaki, Masaru Hachinohe, Tsumugi Ohsawa, Mami Kingetsu
- Art Directed & System CG Designed: Hiroshi Minagawa
- Illustrated & BG-CG Designed: Akihiko Yoshida
- Additional CG Designed: Kazutaka Matsuda, Ryouichi Nakamura
- Main System Programmed: Tatsuya Azeyagi
- Battle Mode Programmed: Nobuo Morioka
- Additional Programmed: Katsuyuki Ito
- AI-Battle Programmed & Sound Manipurated: Toshiki Imai
- Music Composed, Arranged & Produced: Masaharu "Rezon" Iwata, Hitoshi "Ymoh.S" Sakimoto
- Additional Planned: Takayuki Yasumitsu
- Game Designed & Directed: Yasumi Matsuno
- Special thancs to: Nobuhiro Ito (Q-Tec), Yukio Kakehi, Kazuyuki Miura, Yoshihiko Miyazaki, Toshihiko Ichimaru, Ken-Ichirou Hayashi, Atsushi Fukuda
- Production assistance: Quest, Crosstalk, Q-Tec, Datam Polystar
- Producer: Junji Shigematsu
- Executve producer: Kazuhiro Okazaki
- Presented by: Riverhillsoft Inc.
- Source: In-game credits
- Main article: Tactics Ogre/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
| Based on|
ROM dump status
|433,986,336||1996-11-13||CD-ROM (JP)||T-5306G V1.003|
This game has an extra content which can be viewed when accessing the disc on a PC.
|Folder / File||Type||Size||description|
|COMMENT.TXT||TXT||18,825||Messages from the developers.|
|TAC_ABS.TXT||TXT (Abstract)||299||About this game.|
|TAC_BIB.TXT||TXT (Bibliographiced)||37||About original game|