From Sega Retro
Boxing and Pricing
Okay, so I've been looking at the boxing of Bayonetta 2 and it's pricing in various places and so far only Europe (not sure about Australia) has a physical version of Bayonetta 2 as a standalone (Europe also has three versions of Bayonetta 2 but I'm not sure what they are named ATM) product.
Everywhere else in the world the physical version Bayonetta 2 is bundled with the original Bayonetta automatically (I believe Europe calls it "Bayonetta 1+2" so we should call it that too). So for the pricing, only Europe should have a price on the main page for Bayonetta 2 by itself while the other regions should be listed as Bayonetta 1+2 and priced accordingly.
However since I don't have a Wii U I can't really talk about the digital versions but would they have their own thing on the template on the main page like "Wii U (Digital)" or something? Because THEN we could list the prices on that since that would be the only versions outside of Europe that would have price points for the standalone game.
Another thing of note is the original Bayonetta itself. I've already added the Wii U version and it's release dates on the Bayonetta page because it has an actual disc (I have no idea if it has it's own box as well). Because it comes with Bayonetta 2 and will never be sold by itself for the Wii U in an official physical capacity it would never have price, but it's also being released digitally so once again, would we put "Wii U (Digital)" in the template as well so we could list it's price or what? JaxTH (talk) 00:03, 20 October 2014 (CDT)
- These things are sent to test us.
- Stand-alone copies of the original Bayonetta, digital or otherwise would go on the Bayonetta page. If the Wii U version isn't being sold separately then that page shouldn't need to be touched.
- This page should primarily be about the Bayonetta 1+2 pack. If in Europe they're selling a pack without the original, this should be included here too but explicitly labeled as missing Bayonetta 1 (probably on the page itself, not the template). Digital versions should also go here.
- The releases template is going to look a bit messy - I want to move away from pan-Euro "EU" releases because currencies and languages differ, so there'll be dozens of entries. Blame Sega.
| wiiu_date_us= | wiiu_date_us_d= <-- digital | wiiu_date_jp= | wiiu_date_jp_d= | wiiu_date_uk= <-- no Bayonetta 1 | wiiu_date_uk_1= | wiiu_type_uk_1=First Print | wiiu_date_uk_2= | wiiu_type_uk_2=Special Edition | wiiu_date_uk_d= | wiiu_date_fr= <-- no Bayonetta 1 | wiiu_date_fr_1= | wiiu_type_fr_1=First Print | wiiu_date_fr_2= | wiiu_type_fr_2=Special Edition | wiiu_date_fr_d= | wiiu_date_de= <-- no Bayonetta 1 | wiiu_date_de_1= | wiiu_type_de_1=First Print | wiiu_date_de_2= | wiiu_type_de_2=Special Edition | wiiu_date_de_d= | wiiu_date_es= <-- no Bayonetta 1 | wiiu_date_es_1= | wiiu_type_es_1=First Print | wiiu_date_es_2= | wiiu_type_es_2=Special Edition | wiiu_date_es_d= etc.
The thinking is that not all countries in Europe will get the fancy pants special editions. In fact the above might be wrong - I'm just assuming the big four have equal footing. -Black Squirrel (talk) 05:11, 20 October 2014 (CDT)
- The Wii U version of the original Bayonetta is only being sold by itself digitally so I'll try to look up it's prices when it comes out this week if I can.
- I'm also assuming that the scans list for Bayonetta 2 will list everything as "Bayonetta 1+2" besides the select European versions then? JaxTH (talk) 15:53, 20 October 2014 (CDT)
- I can confirm that Australia got the Special Edition of Bayonetta 2 that comes in a separate case from the first game. I'm not sure if they got the First Print Edition though.
Wii U Codes
Bayonetta 2 is the first Wii U game I've ever seen so I'm not sure what the codes are like. On the back of the US Wii U box there is "WUP P BPCE USZ" followed by a little gap on the same line that has "83663A". Is all of this the code for it or is only that second part the game code? JaxTH (talk) 22:19, 8 November 2014 (CST)